Home

CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN

This is a discussion on CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #17
Rookie

wundrbread33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN

Another issue I don't understand. Why is there a FA player limit? Makes no sense. It's not like they are running out of disk space and need to make the game smaller. I have games that are twice as large as Madden that run smoothly. This kind of stuff just baffles me.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #18
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah this has been happening for a few Maddens in a row now. Last year in my CFM we did a FA draft order where the worst team got the 1st pick of the FA pool.
I simmed to week 1 before letting guys sign their pick & over 1/2 the list was gone from the game. A few guys didn't do their cuts & the CPU also cut really good rookie HBs from their team & they also disappeared.
Dri Archer, De'Anthony Thomas, etc were deleted from the CFM.

The programming uses some sort of # of players per position & deletes all the others under a certain OVR rating. It sucks they are deleted because OVR doesn't really mean too much for young guys with AWR in the 50s for example.

Unless they fixed that in a patch there's no way around it. I'm not sure that is anything they are trying to fix though since it has been happening for a few years.

All I can suggest is to do the FA signing by week 4 of the preseason. And also make sure everyone is under 53 on their roster. Then have all the signing & CPU roster fill & everything turned OFF.
That last part is important because it's a CFM setting under each owner. The default when you join a CFM has a some of the CPU roster fill & stuff turned ON.
(Injure reserve counts toward the total of 53 players as well.)

Last edited by cooper417; 08-28-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #19
Rookie

StoneWallace17's Arena

OVR: 1

I feel like it should be patchable, they just have to be reminded of it. Again and again.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

For me at least, Injured Reserve is only failing in the preseason. In the regular season it opens a spot on the roster like it should. In the preseason it halfway works -- the The Things To Do screen seems to register a player on IR, as the number to cut drops by one, but the part that auto cuts your roster down to the necessary number if you haven't already done it will still count that guy on the active roster and cut somebody.

My solution is to not use IR until week 1, then you don't lose anybody who is actually on the roster when the low rated players in FA take off. I still have to put a healthy guy in FA for a week who I'd otherwise be able to keep, but this way I control who it is.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #21
Rookie

we are going to sign all the free agent rbs then advance the week. We feel they could repopulate the deleted rbs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #22
Rookie

Twinkie12's Arena

There's no other sports game where something like this happens. Like is it that hard to have more players available in FA pool? Or even adding a practice squad?

When you compare Madden's franchise to games like The Show and NBA it's almost laughable. Seemingly easy and straight forward things like player progression, drafting, and rosters all have some sort of problem in Madden. I feel like it wouldn't be that hard to look around at the sports gaming landscape and see how other games do things. Maybe they don't pay attention to other game's franchises? Or maybe they want to be different (especially when it comes to progression)? I don't know, it's just pretty confusing sometimes.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #23
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs31632
On transactions tho it still has his name and picture ..... So a glimmer Of hope maybe if alllllllll the rbs are signed to teams then he reappears right?
U can try it but I don't think so . U just have a FA pool with no RBs as far as know
Old 08-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #24
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWallace17
Anyone asked those guys on Twitter about this yet? It's a really glaring issue this year, last year had it but it seems like more are deleted in 16, what the hell.
I have mentioned it 2 devs and gamechangersradio on twitter the only reply was from @MadScientist06

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »