Home

Play now gameplay is different than CFM games

This is a discussion on Play now gameplay is different than CFM games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Play now gameplay is different than CFM games

Does anyone still experienced this!? Since they added the connected modes. Play now plays very different than cfm mode.

For start. CPU running game is perfect on play now. While on cfm the barely get 2.0ypc. I held AP below 2 and led the nfl against the run after 5 games. On play now the cpu run over me very realistic.

Also penalties on play now work great. Tons of variety. On cfm on default they rarely are call.

I'm sobering if the confidence thing could be playing some variables here. I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 01:30 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Play now gameplay is different than CFM games

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Does anyone still experienced this!? Since they added the connected modes. Play now plays very different than cfm mode.

For start. CPU running game is perfect on play now. While on cfm the barely get 2.0ypc. I held AP below 2 and led the nfl against the run after 5 games. On play now the cpu run over me very realistic.

Also penalties on play now work great. Tons of variety. On cfm on default they rarely are call.

I'm sobering if the confidence thing could be playing some variables here. I don't know.

Clint Oldenburg has told us that they're supposed to play the same this year. I don't feel as though the gameplay has been much different from CFM to play now, but I will say, ON A SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, that the penalty frequency does seem different.

I would be very wary of the sample size argument on this point, as the game has only been out a few days and no one's been able to really test this extensively. I want to believe it's working the way Clint described to us. Plus, as you mentioned, confidence can have a dramatic effect on the CFM game, as well as the drive goal bug that shoots ratings skyhigh.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:36 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21

I have heard people say this for years but I think it is a myth don't see a difference at all never had. Penalties on default I don't see a lot on play now but if I put them up to 55-60 then I see a lot more. You talk about the CPU running game but on default all pro the CPU doesn't run good enough on me. I have yet to try CFM this year because of the glitches though.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OK, I thought I was going crazy. I played a Play Now game today for the first time and struggled, ended up losing. Pass accuracy was sketch, and the CPU line and running were way more difficult than the CF games I've played. So you are not alone!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:58 AM   #5
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

I think it's honestly in the eye of the beholder, because with 2015 and now 2016 I have never seen the difference.

I've played 3 Play Now games and 2 CFM games in M16 so far and have seen zero differences in the way the CPU played me. After tweaking sliders, in fact, the CPU had I believe the exact same amount of rushing yards on me in both modes (think it was 82) and the penalties all seemed to be in line with my expectations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 07:50 AM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I've heard ppl say gameplay is different but with all glitches, bugs etc in cfm I haven't played a season in last 3 maddens just all play now games.

I was hoping cfm would be different because unlike u I can completely shut down the cmp running game in play now games played like 20 games so far and the cmp has only broke 100 yards 2 games cowboys and hawks.

Other games I have played the cmp running game hasent even cracked 50 yards rushing for whole game.

I play on all-pro default sliders.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't played any CFM games yet but I have played about 12 play now games. All with different teams each time, never the same team twice. Default sliders on All-Pro. I feel like the game depends heavily on the teams that are playing. If you play with a team that has a great defense you can and will shut the cpu down. Each team seems to have its own identity which I'm loving so far.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I feel like there's a difference, and I do think there should be a difference though. I wouldn't say it's huge though.

The difference I think is based on Players/teams in your CFM having ratings varying based on their performance through the season, hot streaks, cold streaks, confidence.. etc. etc. I want my CFM season to alter teams based on their situations.

Play now of course should be just unaltered straight up one on one game play with only the player ratings making a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »