Home

Playbooks/gameplans need complete overhaul

This is a discussion on Playbooks/gameplans need complete overhaul within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm seen this brought up in other threads but never really focused on alone..there are some serious OS members here who I respect..and this seen to be something all of them are talking about..
The playbook system hasn't seen a "update" of he plays called since its current inception..the star ratings system hasn't been touched in years and needs complete redo..a few members had finally found a work around for M15 a few months ago to attempt to correct this but it appears it was removed..this needs to be one of the issues going forward that needs fixing for M17...if the Dev's don't have time to correct (which can be understanding due to short cycle) then allow the community the ability to fix...also defense needs some love in the playbooks..several formations are currently wrong, players out of position, wrong assignments...etc...
Offense..well as stated there seems to be a very small route tree used..thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Playbooks/gameplans need complete overhaul

What defensive formations are wrong? Don't think I've noticed that.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

34 and 46 bear..in its current state (brought back to fame by R Ryan and to some extent P Carroll and Gus Bradly)..SS plays strong side at the 9 tech..weak side LB moves to old SS position...43 under SS should be on strong side..so when u go cover 3 or cover 1, SS is in the box to help with run responsible. Also along the cover 1 SLB should normally assigned TE responsible..I have to go through a couple other of the formations to double check

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 08-29-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

M16 is much better because of the shot plays that were put in, however, this is by far the most frustrating thing to me with Madden. Frustrating because the same plays get called over and over and over again.

01Trap, Slants, Stick, 4 verts, Screens, Bench, Corners. This year they worked in the shot plays and all of the sudden QB accuracy, which is not completely fixed has been brought back to earth.

The most frustrating thing is that the star system and the playbooks for every team can be re-done by one person in a day or two. If they don't want to change it in house then PLEEEEEASE allow the user to assign a playbook to a CPU opponent. They also need to add options for plays to be called given the current game situation and not just down and distance.

This one question that I'd like a honest no b.s answer to: why can we not assign custom playbooks to CPU opponents without using multiple profiles and controllers?
Old 08-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I'm seen this brought up in other threads but never really focused on alone..there are some serious OS members here who I respect..and this seen to be something all of them are talking about..
The playbook system hasn't seen a "update" of he plays called since its current inception..the star ratings system hasn't been touched in years and needs complete redo..a few members had finally found a work around for M15 a few months ago to attempt to correct this but it appears it was removed..this needs to be one of the issues going forward that needs fixing for M17...if the Dev's don't have time to correct (which can be understanding due to short cycle) then allow the community the ability to fix...also defense needs some love in the playbooks..several formations are currently wrong, players out of position, wrong assignments...etc...
Offense..well as stated there seems to be a very small route tree used..thoughts?

Game plan was one of the better features added to madden. Teams used to play true to real life. This was a feature in franchise mode as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we can no longer edit playbook or game plan in cfm. Which I do not understand y this was removed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt

There is a workaround found by swaggercoach! But you are correct the situational play ratings along with only 15-20 plays per situation lead to the same plays being called, sacks, etc. no need for shot playactions in 3rd and long. Luckily we as a community can fix BUT this has to be looked at by EA in the future! The playbooks aren't that bad actually plays wise except a few odd sets or things here and there but scenarios and down and distance plays are horrendous! Each team has 450 plays in it at the least and they (the CPU AI) utilize under 10% of the plays in their playbooks.

I'd like to see us have the ability to assign custom playbooks to CPU teams within Cfm moving forward. The workaround is ridiculous considering this is 2015.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:26 AM   #7
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

I keep holding out hope that they are neglecting upgrading playbooks due to the development a new playcalling system. In order to improve the play calling system two things need to happen to the on field gameplay first: Gap-Assignments and Match-Coverage.

Once these two things are added, they can implement a system where any run or pass concept could be called out of any eligible offensive formation. For the defense, they can add any coverage shell, blitz concept, or sub-package out of any eligible defensive formation.

This is how playcalling is done in reality. Teams decide what concepts fit their personnel, and they apply those concepts out of different looks and "window-dressing".
Old 08-30-2015, 04:41 AM   #8
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree that we need more routes, I also wish audibles and hot routes would be opened up more. You get four audibles and the hot routes have stayed the same for years. Why can't I audible someone to a post, corner, where are the chair routes, etc.?

I also wish you could import playbooks from game to game, obviously not every play would make it but it would be nice to import my last custom playbook and work from there instead of starting from the very beginning each year.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »