Home

That settles it...I'm just bad at Madden

This is a discussion on That settles it...I'm just bad at Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
That settles it...I'm just bad at Madden

I've been going through the drills, and I think I figured out that I just can't handle the split second decision making and button presses that is needed to be anywhere near decent. If I was new to Madden, this would be all right, but I have been playing off and on throughout the years.

My offense is sub-par (though my running is better, that's probably also because of Adrian Peterson), my defense is better. But I fail at getting any medal on the Red Zone offense drill, and I can never remember which button corresponds to which method of catching.

In the 22 drills that I've done so far, I've gotten 3 gold, 10 silver, and 9 bronze (1 more silver was added since this post). And this is on all-pro difficulty using the Vikings.

I just don't know where to turn to get better if I can't even do training well enough.

Last edited by Xtra; 08-30-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 05:11 PM   #2
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Re: That settles it...I'm just bad at Madden

Well, I have to say, it's refreshing to see someone admit their faults instead of trying to blame it on the game, per the norm. Kudos to you for that.

To help you out the best I can, I'd say lower the game speed in options. Lowering the game speed will give you slightly more time to make decisions like you're referring to. This way, you can get use to the controls and get comfortable with playing and when you feel comfortable enough, you can try raising the speed back up again.

Don't sweat it. You'll get better eventually. Just try that out and let me know how it works for you.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Well, you can add one more silver to the count, and my passing may be a bit better (or just luck). And this was before I saw your post.

Anyways, I have just now lowered the speed to slow, and remembered to get my coin flip options set.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Yea, I'm a "clean screen" guy with sports games, as I keep visual aids to a bare minimum. But I was bumbling all over the place with that catch mechanic also, so I've since turned on the prompts for it. I've given myself until the end of pre-season, then its going off for good.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm doing a lot better now that I jumped into an actual game, with Cowboys (me) vs Texans in a Wild west showdown. But, since I like in Minnesota, I decided to have them play in US Bank Stadium rather than Cowboys Stadium.

It's halftime, I'm winning 13-7, and I get the ball to start the second half. My only real flaws are that I'm having a difficult time pressing the right button for catching (my thumb seems to default to triangle), and being able to really do anything against the pass.

Update:And after a 22-7 victory, while i still have room for improvement, all I needed was a better QB than Bridgewater. I have to work on my Pass Defense, 2-Pt conversions, and still need some work on my pass and catch commands. But I guess I was somewhat better than I thought.

Last edited by Xtra; 08-30-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
Banned

Are you saying you suck at playing regular games in Madden or you just suck at the training drills?
Don't stress yourself out trying to complete all the drills, the point is to get the concept.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #7
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra
I'm doing a lot better now that I jumped into an actual game, with Cowboys (me) vs Texans in a Wild west showdown. But, since I like in Minnesota, I decided to have them play in US Bank Stadium rather than Cowboys Stadium.

It's halftime, I'm winning 13-7, and I get the ball to start the second half. My only real flaws are that I'm having a difficult time pressing the right button for catching (my thumb seems to default to triangle), and being able to really do anything against the pass.

Update:And after a 22-7 victory, while i still have room for improvement, all I needed was a better QB than Bridgewater. I have to work on my Pass Defense, 2-Pt conversions, and still need some work on my pass and catch commands. But I guess I was somewhat better than I thought.
Good to hear, man. You'll get the controls down eventually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »