Home

Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

This is a discussion on Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2015, 04:27 PM   #25
Rookie
 
Shogun613's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Rotten Apple
Re: Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

I've had some success with the swat button, not the "play receiver" button, mind you.. But the swat button.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Shogun613 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 04:30 PM   #26
GLORIA!!!!
 
bcruise's Arena
 
OVR: 48
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 21,632
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
I've had some success with the swat button, not the "play receiver" button, mind you.. But the swat button.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I feel like I should be using the swat more than I do. Play Reciever only really works well to break up a pass when the defender has the hit power to knock the ball loose, otherwise it's only good for preventing a touchdown in a last-second situation.
bcruise is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #27
#BringBackFaceuary
 
ChaseB's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,607
Blog Entries: 17
Re: Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
I've had some success with the swat button, not the "play receiver" button, mind you.. But the swat button.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
So LB/L1 is what you're saying? Rather than A/X?
__________________
Don't look at me, I'm hideous.
ChaseB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:41 PM   #28
Rookie
 
Shogun613's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Rotten Apple
Re: Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, I feel like I should be using the swat more than I do. Play Reciever only really works well to break up a pass when the defender has the hit power to knock the ball loose, otherwise it's only good for preventing a touchdown in a last-second situation.
Be mindful of your position, also. If he has a step on you, or is between you and the ball, making a play is going to be difficult. On a streak or fade maybe try stopping a little bit short of the target, then go for the swat, as that will probably be the highest point at which the receiver can attack it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Shogun613 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:42 PM   #29
Rookie
 
Shogun613's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Rotten Apple
Re: Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
So LB/L1 is what you're saying? Rather than A/X?
I do believe on PS4 it's R1.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Shogun613 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:08 PM   #30
#BringBackFaceuary
 
ChaseB's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,607
Blog Entries: 17
Re: Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
I do believe on PS4 it's R1.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yeah you're right I always forget they switched it last year I think.
__________________
Don't look at me, I'm hideous.
ChaseB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:14 PM   #31
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah you're right I always forget they switched it last year I think.
i want to say on xbox one, the tutorial said the swat was "x." i know theyre mapped differently on ps4 but pretty sure it's the top left of the 4 buttons on the face of controller
number1thumbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #32
MVP
 
SolidSquid's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: Aggressive Catching (and Other LOL) Catching montage and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
i want to say on xbox one, the tutorial said the swat was "x." i know theyre mapped differently on ps4 but pretty sure it's the top left of the 4 buttons on the face of controller
Yes swat on ps4 is square according to skills trainer. Dk where guys are getting r1 from.
SolidSquid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.

Top -