Home

It stinks that...

This is a discussion on It stinks that... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

LOOSECANNON's Arena

OVR: 1
Angry It stinks that...

not a lot of you guys care for pre-and-post game shows, in-game highlights cutaways, weekly recaps, and play of the game packages.

It would truly make CFM so much better and feel more like a real NFL game. Why bother playing 17 weeks against the computer or whoever, if none of the other games around the league matter? I don't want to have to go through all the League Leader stats after each game, if I can't SEE exactly what the other top players or playmakers are doing around The League.

I feel like, if there was more of an outcry for this sort of thing (that NBA 2K ALMOST does great), we'd see it.

Read some of my further thoughts on the game here >>> http://godhatesgeeks.com/madden-nfl-...eague-tonight/ <<< if you're completely bored or agree with my outlook. We'd like to think it's a pretty epic, entertaining review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It stinks that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSECANNON
not a lot of you guys care for pre-and-post game shows, in-game highlights cutaways, weekly recaps, and play of the game packages.

It would truly make CFM so much better and feel more like a real NFL game. Why bother playing 17 weeks against the computer or whoever, if none of the other games around the league matter? I don't want to have to go through all the League Leader stats after each game, if I can't SEE exactly what the other top players or playmakers are doing around The League.

I feel like, if there was more of an outcry for this sort of thing (that NBA 2K ALMOST does great), we'd see it.

Read some of my further thoughts on the game here >>> http://godhatesgeeks.com/madden-nfl-...eague-tonight/ <<< if you're completely bored or agree with my outlook. We'd like to think it's a pretty epic, entertaining review.
Pre/ post game shows and weekly roundups would be fine but to me at least come under the bells and whistles category
In game tickers / cutaways only work for 1 team control franchises , if ur in a league or control more than one team they wouldn't work properly and the cost reward of spending time on this thus would be negative IMO
Old 08-31-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I get the impression that a lot of people want to play football first and foremost, and to that end pre-game / post-game components become things that get buttoned through more often than not. They just want to get to the game.

This isn't to say I wouldn't like to see pre- and post-game presentation elements; I would. But I understand the sentiments of those who don't.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:55 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I get the impression that a lot of people want to play football first and foremost, and to that end pre-game / post-game components become things that get buttoned through more often than not. They just want to get to the game.

This isn't to say I wouldn't like to see pre- and post-game presentation elements; I would. But I understand the sentiments of those who don't.
I think more than the OP thinks actually wouldn't mind all these extras but have more things ahead of the list of things they want.

I wouldn't mind the extras but focus more feedback to developer on things like getting formation subs, custom cameras etc.. in the game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-31-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

No matter how cool this stuff is at first, it gets stale real fast. So unless game makers want to commit to patches that would infuse new content, I'll pass.

Even in 2k, I want to strangle Steve Kerr at this point, and don't get me going on Clumsy Smurf...I mean Phil Simms. ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Madden has never been big on broadcast level immersion, sadly. You would never even know they own the ESPN license. I'm certain they ignore it as not to remind people of the 2K series.

I mean, can we at least get some broadcast cam replays? Yeesh.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:06 PM   #7
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

I care about those things and would love a perfect world to have both outstanding gameplay and presentation. I really think Madden nailed the gameplay this year and would LOVE if each game had all of the type of interactions the opening scenario had. If each game we played featured the type of cutscenes that the opening did all I would say is wow and thank you.

I don't know if resources allow for both but id take solid gameplay over presentation if both cant be achieved.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:30 PM   #8
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm actually pretty big on this kind of stuff. I'd love to see things like, if I have a QB thats third in passing yards in the league, there is a stat banner that show the top five QBs by passing yards in the league... same goes for RBs, defenders etc.... anything to do with career milestone, if a player had a great game against the current opponent the last time we played, playoff races, standings, upcoming schedules, outcome of previous drives when the team is taking the field for a new one, league leaders, injuries... especially during pregame so I know who is out for my opponent as well as to refresh who is out on my team... I could go on for ever with this stuff. Being a total stat head I would never skip any of this stuff!!

The only way to check this stuff now is navigating through a mostly clunky and slow menu system outside of gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »