Home

Best missing feature from past maddens?

This is a discussion on Best missing feature from past maddens? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 10:23 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best missing feature from past maddens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jeff
PS2 era Create-a-Team, and the QB vision cone. Yeah, I liked the cone. Making the QB actually look at a WR was a great idea.
I like the concept but I think there has to be a better way of implementing it because if you play someone h2h locally, it was pick city because they knew where you were throwing.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:42 PM   #34
Rookie

Cedrik's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive
The Tony Bruno radio show, where players and coaches would call in talking about their teams.
This, I used to love it.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:59 AM   #35
MVP

Lisac's Arena

1 button 32 team control
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 01:05 AM   #36
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
I like the concept but I think there has to be a better way of implementing it because if you play someone h2h locally, it was pick city because they knew where you were throwing.
uhhh, not if you were any good at actually using the cone. there were ways you could actually use it to fool a defense, rather then give away who u were throwing to.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:14 AM   #37
All Star

I would say the things I miss the most are things in franchise mode. Franchise mode is all I play in sports games. I don't think CFM is bad feature wise. Maybe people don't agree with that but when it comes to features I think CFM is a really good mode. The big problem is all of the glitches and bugs the mode has. With that said I miss the training camp drill things that ps2 had. They where really fun and I prefer them over the XP stuff we have now. I really don't know why they ever took those out in the first place. Maybe they thought it was to easy or something to upgrade players that way or something. But if that is true all you do is make it so the amount that you can get from that is lower. I think with those if you got gold you would get 7 points and silver 6 and 5 for bronze. You could have just made it like 6,5,4 or 5,4,3 points instead or just make it harder to get the medals.

The other 2 things are kind of the same thing but the radio show and the extra point show. I think recap type of shows are something ever sports game should have and I would have liked for them to add to it by bring a highlight type of show. Mlb 15 the show added a daily recap show this year and I think based off the way they do things with that game that next year they may make it into more of a highlight show with highlights from other games. The last thing I think madden used to have and again MLB has it and that is a bottom line that shows scores from around the league with some stats.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #38
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I miss the player card in Franchise that showed you the player's stats for each year and what team he played for... also, the weekly stats and who the opponent and what the score was.

I have not really gotten into madden much in like 9 years but I thought that was still in the game last year. I was surprised when I couldn't find it this year and thought I was doing something wrong. Is this the first year you cant look at that for a player?
Old 09-01-2015, 01:51 AM   #39
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
uhhh, not if you were any good at actually using the cone. there were ways you could actually use it to fool a defense, rather then give away who u were throwing to.
I agree. But I do think the system was a bit cumbersome for newer or more casual players.

Don't get me wrong. I 100% want a game that the more skilled player comes out on top. BUT, it was a feature that was very difficult to get used to and the learning curve was too large IMO for casual fans to just "pick up and play."

I know there was a way to pick what WR you began the play looking at, but was there a way to quick look from one guy to the other? As in, during the play if your primary WR was covered could you say hold LT down and press the icon of another WR to immediately look at him? I honestly don't remember.

Maybe something like that could help differentiate between QBs. Like I recall Peytons cone was gigantic, basically didn't have to move it at all. But JP Losman (LOL) Had a tiny cone that was basically impossible to use (for beginners anyway), If the cone was reimplemented with that feature (hold a button, press the receivers icon) I think it could work. BUT, it wouldn't be a snap straight to the guy you choose. It would kind of slide across the screen as if the QB is turning his head to look to the next WR. That way you can't just fire off a pass without the QB having to look at the WR
Old 09-01-2015, 02:06 AM   #40
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I would say the things I miss the most are things in franchise mode. Franchise mode is all I play in sports games. I don't think CFM is bad feature wise. Maybe people don't agree with that but when it comes to features I think CFM is a really good mode. The big problem is all of the glitches and bugs the mode has. With that said I miss the training camp drill things that ps2 had. They where really fun and I prefer them over the XP stuff we have now. I really don't know why they ever took those out in the first place. Maybe they thought it was to easy or something to upgrade players that way or something. But if that is true all you do is make it so the amount that you can get from that is lower. I think with those if you got gold you would get 7 points and silver 6 and 5 for bronze. You could have just made it like 6,5,4 or 5,4,3 points instead or just make it harder to get the medals
LOVED the training camp drills. The payout was based on what difficulty level you finished and with gold, silver or bronze. You HAD to run the drill on every difficulty level if you wanted max points, and you ran the risk of getting no points if you went up another difficulty but failed to place (although I would always end up reloading my save lol). Payout I believe was

Rookie
Gold: 3 points
Silver: 2 points
Bronze: 1 point

Pro
Gold: 4 points
Silver: 3 points
Bronze: 2 points

All-Pro
Gold: 5 points
Silver: 4 points
Bronze: 3(?) points

All-Madden
Gold: 7 points
Silver: 5 points
Bronze: 4(?) points

Something along those lines. If you failed to place you would get no points and would not be able to try the next difficulty level. If you placed gold in pro and tried all pro but failed, you would still get 1 point for placing gold on pro. If you placed gold in pro and all pro and tried all madden but failed, you would still get 2 points.

One of the biggest flaws of it though was 1. There were 2 drills for QBs. Meaning it was very easy to improve your QBs once you got the hang of these drills (one was pocket presence and the other was precision passing. Pocket presence was def. easier and you didn't need to have an accurate QB to get max 7 points). It was especially OPed since there was only THP and THA back then and not SAC, MAC, DAC, Throw on run, and play action.

It was also incredibly easy to get a max of 7 points on the kicking drill. You could jump any kickers power from 85 to 99 in a matter of 2 seasons.

But those drills definitely helped me get better at the game. I fell in love with user controlling a SS and became a user pick machine thanks to the DB drill. It also helped me recognize when I was actually in position to try for a pick or when I needed to swat instead of go up for the INT.

So many great memories

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »