Home

Since when has career mode been like this?

This is a discussion on Since when has career mode been like this? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 01:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Since when has career mode been like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
It's not a disadvantage for the ball to be snapped at the (CPU) QB's discretion, because that's exactly how it works in real life; you wait until QB snaps the ball before running. Also it is an absolute killer that you, as a rookie running back, determine when the play is flipped, or to audible to a completely different play.

The fact is playing as a career player RB in NCAA 14 is ten times more immersive and realistic than playing as one in madden.

So don't audible or flip the play as a rb.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #18
Rookie

This is why I usually just do a QB or a LB.. I dont want to see a playcall screen otherwise.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #19
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

I initially didn't like calling all the plays no matter what position I was playing, but honestly, I think it's a little better that way.

I remember back in the old days where you were subject to the CPU playcalling, there were so many times you would get ridiculous suggestions for the current situation on both sides of the ball. 3rd and 15 on your 35 yard line when you're down by 7 with 3 minutes to go? Let's run the ball and punt to be conservative. 4th and 1 in the redzone on defense with the game on the line? Call off the dogs, let's play zone and make sure we don't get burned deep.

Of course that wasn't always the case and the playcalling was acceptable the majority of the time, but I like being able to dictate my teams strategy and attack the other team where they're weak more than being "immersed in the experience."
Old 09-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I initially didn't like calling all the plays no matter what position I was playing, but honestly, I think it's a little better that way.

I remember back in the old days where you were subject to the CPU playcalling, there were so many times you would get ridiculous suggestions for the current situation on both sides of the ball. 3rd and 15 on your 35 yard line when you're down by 7 with 3 minutes to go? Let's run the ball and punt to be conservative. 4th and 1 in the redzone on defense with the game on the line? Call off the dogs, let's play zone and make sure we don't get burned deep.

Of course that wasn't always the case and the playcalling was acceptable the majority of the time, but I like being able to dictate my teams strategy and attack the other team where they're weak more than being "immersed in the experience."
True but that is where real coaching tendencies should come into play. If teams actually played like their real life counterpart it wouldnt be to bad.

That is one thing I really liked about 2K5. Being able to adjust your own gameplan based on how the other team plays. This also was involved in online play as the game also tracked your play style offline and online.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:11 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea if Madden copied Ncaa on career mode. it would be great.I had ablast on it
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »