Home

Online Head to Head is Ruined

This is a discussion on Online Head to Head is Ruined within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 05:40 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Online Head to Head is Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster
I'd figure nano blitzes & money plays would ruin H2H more than facing the same teams over and over again.
Good thing we no longer have to worry about those now!

As for the OP, I've played a ton online last year and never once played the Steelers...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-31-2015, 06:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
Online Head to Head is Ruined

I care because it's boring playing against Green Bay every other game.

It's not because I can't beat them. I can.

But I hate most when my opponent picks the same play, either on offense or on defense.

EA should not allow users to pick the same play 3 times in a row, unless you get a negative outcome.

It will help against the cheese.

Create a algorithm like

If play selected equals play selected before & play selected before before

And if yards in each play is over 10 yds

then remove that play from playbook for the next two plays.

Or something like that.

On defense, make it like can't run the same play more than 3 times in a row.

Remove it from audibles too.

Is this just crazy talk or a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Like others have said, people are going to use good teams regardless. However, I'd like to be able to see what team I'm going against and pick a good match up for it. Also, it's getting really annoying getting put into a game where it's the same team on both sides, Chiefs vs Chiefs, Ravens vs Ravens, Packers vs Packers, it's getting pretty old.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 08-31-2015, 06:49 PM   #20
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485

EA should not allow users to pick the same play 3 times in a row, unless you get a negative outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with something like that, but doubt it will happen. Only because EA will be telling people how to play a game someone bought. That's what I see people saying.

Some will claim they "scheme" using a base play like cover 3 sky and making audibles.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 07:21 PM   #21
Rookie

trevor3_2009's Arena

OVR: 3

The Patriots were the only team that I really thought it was unfair to play against. The guy simply threw to Gronk everytime no matter what. And there was no stopping him. I have had people throw to other receivers like that too, but I was always able to find a way to stop/contain them.

I haven't had any problems playing the same teams over and over. I think the most I've played any team is about 3 times through 20 or so games.
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 07:29 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I agree with something like that, but doubt it will happen. Only because EA will be telling people how to play a game someone bought. That's what I see people saying.

Some will claim they "scheme" using a base play like cover 3 sky and making audibles.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
I disagree with it. If I have a lead late I may run two man under several times in a row.

If I am having success with a play that could be stopped if the lazy Madden gamers only made one or two adjustments I don't want the game to tell me I can't call it. I don't actually call the same play consecutive times too often (may call the same run play 2 or 3 times straight, but that is it), but I don't want the game to try to do things like this.

Instead they need to add true adaptive AI where individual players start keying in on tendencies. Not only would it solve the repetitive playcalling, but it would also add to the chess match. I dream of the day where I can run curl after curl only to set up a double move shot late in the game.

I think that would add so much. Do you come out strong or instead try to set things up for later in the game?
Old 08-31-2015, 07:55 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Seriously guys, asking EA to install some algorithm to stop what plays people can run is definitely not the answer. Everyone around here constantly asks for realism and although running the same play a lot is sort of unrealistic what is even more unrealistic is some false constraint about what plays you can pick and when. You don't fix it that way.

The reality is if this and other annoying behavior from random online people really bothers you then you really need to find a league of older gamers and make some friends so you can play some people who play more in line with what you are looking for.

EA will never be able to create a football game that stops foolishness and it's crazy to ask them to IMO. The game isn't the issue, at least not in this particular case, it's the idiot on the other end that's an issue..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-31-2015, 08:16 PM   #24
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Patriots corners are butt

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »