Home

Online Head to Head is Ruined

This is a discussion on Online Head to Head is Ruined within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #25
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online Head to Head is Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Seriously guys, asking EA to install some algorithm to stop what plays people can run is definitely not the answer. Everyone around here constantly asks for realism and although running the same play a lot is sort of unrealistic what is even more unrealistic is some false constraint about what plays you can pick and when. You don't fix it that way.

The reality is if this and other annoying behavior from random online people really bothers you then you really need to find a league of older gamers and make some friends so you can play some people who play more in line with what you are looking for.

EA will never be able to create a football game that stops foolishness and it's crazy to ask them to IMO. The game isn't the issue, at least not in this particular case, it's the idiot on the other end that's an issue..
Indeed..... BUT, it would be nice if your defense instinctively could shut that play down better if ran constantly. I noticed when I played the CPU on All-Madden it NEVER let me get back-to-back of the same play being successful. Which I thought was awesome since it didn't let me get lazy and just use money plays whenever I was in a jam.

If that could be taken to online and where awareness or play recognition being super high enhance your player's ability to cover it would be spectacular. I don't agree on limiting user's play-calling books as you said... but sometimes you CAN'T stop Rob Gronkowski by making a cut over the middle no matter how many people you send to cover him, ESPECIALLY with the new aggressive catch mechanic. I decided to play head-to-head in Ultimate Team with someone who had him, and their entire gameplan was just lobbing the ball high enough and diving for aggressive catches.

It worked in the beginning, I put Brandon Marshall on him who's a good covering linebacker and then after he couldn't manage himself, I double-teamed him... it was bout 50/50 when he beat but eventually I started picking him off and he quit. I'm not saying Gronk shouldn't occasionally win those battles but man... the game should be programmed to punish users who do the exact same play and run the exact same route throwing to the same guy.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 08:51 PM   #26
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

Instead they need to add true adaptive AI where individual players start keying in on tendencies. Not only would it solve the repetitive playcalling, but it would also add to the chess match. I dream of the day where I can run curl after curl only to set up a double move shot late in the game.
This is spot on. This is a more logical way to explain what I was trying to lol.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 09:38 PM   #27
Banned

They totally nuked online H2H. You really came to the wrong forum to even talk about it. Most people here like to play 20 seasons against the CPU in some franchise for some reason. I never understood the enjoyment of beating an AI program. Anyway.

They took out the ability to pick uniforms, the ability to pick stadiums, the ability to pick what the weather, the ability to pick the time the game starts, and the matchup system seems broke. I've literally matched up with the same person Four times in a row once. At launch..With 14,000 some people online. Like wtf? And if you're a fan of let's say the Jags, or Browns, and you wanna play with them online, Just what the heck are you supposed to do? You pay 60 bucks to play with your team and you probably have a 95 percent chance of playing against a team that is TOTALLY overmatching you.

Oh, and the skill points system is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. You only lose like 4 skill points if the game is relatively close and you lose. You gain usually 25-35. Let's do the math. I can lose 4 games in row, losing 5 points each. I win the 5th, and gain 21. I just gained a skill point going 1-4. That's why there are people way under .500 sitting in the top 300 on the leaderboard.

.....?????????????

So my only question, is why? In that Rex interview, I would have loved for someone to ask, why did you mess up H2H so much? There was nothing wrong with it. I've had a lot of people tell me they're nuking it so people switch to ultimate team and spend more money. And if you're a fan of the Jags or Browns, what else are you supposed to play online now?

Last edited by EJ_Manuel; 08-31-2015 at 09:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »