Home

Some Patch Questions Answered

This is a discussion on Some Patch Questions Answered within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #89
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Some Patch Questions Answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
People are using the car analogy wrong... It's more accurate this way to the people that say Franchise is broken:

You buy a car FOR the sound system it is supposed to have, you buy it and realize that one of the speakers is blown. Sure, you can still listen to the radio, but it totally kills the experience having a blown speaker and essentially is bad enough to where you don't even want to turn the radio on at all.

Anyways I'm upset about the whole thing as I only play Franchise mode and it sucks I will have to play one "test" league for now and start over after the patch comes out. The whole point of Franchise mode is so that every game you play matters and counts toward something, not just some random game like play now. Knowing you will have to restart kills the immersion of the whole thing and takes away from the enjoyment. I still call the mode "broken" for the people who rely on the things that are bugged. But not broken for those of you that it doesn't effect as much.
That's my issue too. Playing meaningless games does nothing for me so the game is completely useless for me at this point.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #90
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm so confused. They said that the tuning update will be released way before the actual patch? So that means the bugs in CFM won't be fixed until a later time? I'm not a huge gamer so I don't get any of this. I just want an idea of how long I have to wait until I can play CFM aka the only reason I buy Madden.

Also when the patch does come out won't it affect the current sliders that have been created by people because the game will play differently? If I recall when patches came out last year the guys who create sliders right here on this forum had to adjust the sliders to fit the new patch gameplay.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
I'm so confused. They said that the tuning update will be released way before the actual patch? So that means the bugs in CFM won't be fixed until a later time? I'm not a huge gamer so I don't get any of this. I just want an idea of how long I have to wait until I can play CFM aka the only reason I buy Madden.

Also when the patch does come out won't it affect the current sliders that have been created by people because the game will play differently? If I recall when patches came out last year the guys who create sliders right here on this forum had to adjust the sliders to fit the new patch gameplay.
The last timeline we heard was between 2-41 days. And that was sometime last week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:

You're asking a question to which the devs don't even have an answer, if you read the OP. They've given a broad timeframe but even they don't know any more than that.

For the second question...of course, if it involves gameplay tuning (and it sounds as though it will, based on all the debate about aggressive catching). I think every slider maker everywhere is aware of that, but they still want to be able to enjoy the game in the meantime.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #93
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

In the past you had the ability to turn the tuning updates off if you found a good set of sliders. I believe you can this year as well but haven't noticed the option.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #94
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm well aware of the issues, I didn't say there weren't issues or bugs.

I'm just saying that, based on the slider forum activity, many people are playing CFM mode and testing it out before the patch drops.

Yeah I was one of them but then I noticed how games play different because of that and I realize it would make sense to wait for the patch before starting to do my own set. After the patch. And if it fix it correctly this will impact heavily on the game.

Had same issue with Mariotta. He was more dan Marino with those 105, 101 and 90 LOL. He actually help me to see how unbalance this bug can ,are the games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »