Home

Some Patch Questions Answered

This is a discussion on Some Patch Questions Answered within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Some Patch Questions Answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I'm getting to the point where if CFM isn't patched for the upcoming long weekend I will be requesting a full refund and will not purchase a new copy in subsequent years and just rely on the secondary market.

I only play CFM and the fact that the developers have flat-out stated to not play that mode until a patch is released means the game is utterly unplayable for me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the game wasn't working it shouldn't have been released. You had no problem selling me a broken product and I will have no problem requesting a refund for a defective product.
I did this for several years actually. This is the first year in a few I bought on release day. I just couldn't wait. It's just once you get older you realize the game isn't going to be ready when they release it. It's just a fact. So you might as well save yourself $30. I'm ready for CFCs but this years game is very legit so I'm held over with play now until the patch. I just hope it's not halfway through the season before it does.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #34
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Unfortunately this post really didn't do anything to answer questions as of yet. I like how much they are trying to communicate how much time they are putting into the fixes but we still don't have a time frame. We don't know what issues can be fixed server side or how close we are to getting those pushed out. Oh well, hopefully the fixes are out soon.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #35
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwitt1171
We have a test league going, LT regression is a CFM killer. The rest are not game breaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what's LT regression?...Left Tackle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Broken products can always be returned for refunds. Worst case I will just take it back to Best Buy.

I know there has been a lot of debate about the term "broken" on this site, but to me that is just what it is as CFM is the only thing I play and the developers stated themselves not to play the mode until it is fixed, a term which implies something is broken, otherwise, why would it need to be fixed.

The fact that these issues are acceptable to so many people boggles my mind. If we don't hold corporations accountable they will just continue to pull the same crap year in and year out.
Like most brick-and-mortar stores, Best Buy doesn't accept returns on opened software or video games.

And no, the game is not "broken". It has bugs which affect the quality of the experience. The mode is still playable despite these bugs, albeit not optimally. You can play through seasons, sign free agents, do drafts, play online with your friends, etc. etc. It's not "broken".

This isn't to say we shouldn't expect bug fixes or fewer bugs out the gate which affect the quality of the experience; we should. But we also need to stop slinging incorrect terms around and stop pretending that the game is completely busted and completely unplayable in the meantime, because that is absolutely not true.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #37
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
what's LT regression?...Left Tackle?
In simulated games, it appears left tackles allow a ton of sacks in individual games, which hits them with an immediate ratings penalty.

It's not a bad concept, but it happens far too frequently, resulting in the PBK rating for many LTs dropping to dire levels. There was one simulated season on here where the PBK rating for the Rams' starting LT, Greg Robinson, dropped into the 40s in one season.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #38
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Man, I wish that was an option for games - once it is opened, what retailer gives a full refund under any circumstances? There is no chance EA would do that.
You have a better chance contacting EA directly and explain than going to retailers.
I did this way way back with EA MVP 2004 where left handed hiters had a top spin bug and made hitting home runs ten times harder than right handed players. basically 90 percent of your HRs , both cpu and user will be hit by righthanders.

I called EA and got a refund.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 09-02-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #39
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
In simulated games, it appears left tackles allow a ton of sacks in individual games, which hits them with an immediate ratings penalty.

It's not a bad concept, but it happens far too frequently, resulting in the PBK rating for many LTs dropping to dire levels. There was one simulated season on here where the PBK rating for the Rams' starting LT, Greg Robinson, dropped into the 40s in one season.
thanks for the answer. if i may, is this only occurring for simmed games, and does that unrealistic drop carry him into the next season?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #40
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
thanks for the answer. if i may, is this only occurring for simmed games, and does that unrealistic drop carry him into the next season?
The ratings penalty happens as a component of the Game Prep mechanic introduced in Madden NFL 15. It operates similarly to what would happen in M15 if you the user threw 3 INTs with a QB in a single game - an immediate and permanent ratings penalty (which you could reverse via spending XP on whatever rating fell). So yes, it does carry over into next season.

I happen to be familiar with this mechanic as I unfortunately invoked it repeatedly in my M15 single-player franchise, where I absolutely ruined Tony Romo because I kept throwing picks with him lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »