Home

For those who have started their franchises....

This is a discussion on For those who have started their franchises.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: For those who have started their franchises....

I was incorrect with the confidence reset. I think if players are above 50 they remain where they are, as opposed to dropping down to 50.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:40 AM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I stopped playing. That how much it impact th franchise. Friendly advice. Enjoy play now for 1 month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2015, 01:02 AM   #11
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

I've played the first 3 games of 4 cfm's ... all with the bills.

I've found if my first game of the season is a good one, i then go on an unstoppable roll, and conversely if it's bad, I start staring down at a 3-12 season (with the bills).

i wish ea could just nix the whole confidence and xp thing. have organic progression the same way we would in nba 2k, and just be done with it.

the best madden gameplay they've ever come up with, and i'm itching to start a cfm, but this issue kills it. there shouldn't be much if any of a carry over effect with confidence.

we should be able to have a bad game, go away take stock come back out and play well and start a (long) win streak (a bit like Green Bay's last 3 starts to the season since 2012) ...

at least that's my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 01:23 AM   #12
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka

I've found if my first game of the season is a good one, i then go on an unstoppable roll, and conversely if it's bad, I start staring down at a 3-12 season (with the bills).

i wish ea could just nix the whole confidence and xp thing. have organic progression the same way we would in nba 2k, and just be done with it.

the best madden gameplay they've ever come up with, and i'm itching to start a cfm, but this issue kills it. there shouldn't be much if any of a carry over effect with confidence.

we should be able to have a bad game, go away take stock come back out and play well and start a (long) win streak (a bit like Green Bay's last 3 starts to the season since 2012) ...

That's why I am not a fan of this whole confidence attribute from the beginning. If they want something like that that effects player ratings dynamically have a chemistry rating. If a player gets injured or rides the bench then his chemistry with the rest of the team is low and maybe he plays a bit below the ratings. But teams with high chemistry play top notch football

It's much more realistic. While confidence obviously can effect a player in the NFL, I think that it is way overblown. Either you're good or you're not. Feeling confident shouldn't make you faster or better at running over defenders

EDIT: And don't make it a universal hit to all attributes either. Have certain attributes for certain positions raise or lower due to a low chemistry. WRs have routerunning takes a hit because they're not on the same page with the QB. Maybe RBs ball carrier vision takes a hit if they have missed time. OLs blocking takes a bit of a hit.

Regardless of using confidence or chemistry (though chem. is a much better choice), physical attributes/skills shouldn't be affected

Last edited by Robo COP; 09-03-2015 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:26 AM   #13
Rookie

Twinkie12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka

THIS. The whole confidence and XP thing for progession and regression, along with drive goals (which is laughably stupid) is just silly.

I'd rather just have player's ratings go up or down in the offseason. A good young player should go up, an aging vet should go down. Maybe small boosts during the season. You could tie some of it to performance too....it would be so much simpler.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:33 AM   #14
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Due to condlfidence boosts Dennard Robinson has 99 trucking to go along with his 90+ break tackle.
But that makes total sense. At Michigan wasn't he known as Denard "The Diesel" Robinson?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:32 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm about 5 seasons in with mine and i still enjoy playing it though there are some weird things. Every draft has multiple good 95+ speed receivers. A lot of which are 6'2+.

Meanwhile the DBs are either tiny or slow or both. I have never seen in any draft class thus far a safety that was above 85 speed.

It also seems like there is only a couple CBs who are 6' or taller a draft, and those guys are usually not fast at all.

So over time the game becomes harder and harder to play defense as the offenses have a growing advantage.

Apart from that, I have seen the 100+ confidence thing a couple times though I'm not sure that's affected anything all that much. I have not seen the OL regression in my game, but I have not paid all that much attention to the cpu teams.

There are definitely too many good young QBs as just about every team has a QB well over 80 overall now. Meanwhile it does seem players retire faster than they did previously. Eli, Romo, Peyton, Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers all retired in my game by two seasons in. I would imagine it's much the same at the other positions.

And then there's the funky. I drafted a FB in the 6th round who was a 97 overall and 90 physical out the gate. Not sure if that is supposed to happen. But he was a fullback so it's more amusing than anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #16
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
For those who have started their franchises....

It's pretty amazing the amount of bugs and things that flat out don't work in CFM.

Sim stats are still not where they should be, supersim flat out does not work at all (I'm not sure why they even have it in, it literally is just broke)

Confidence is a mess

Progression is not working properly

Draft classes are not right.

AI drafting is not improved at all

Resigning players seems to be bugged to some degree

IR does not seem to work correctly.

fatigue and auto subs seem to not work how intended. No RBBC on any team, or use of goal line back.

Injuries to anyone but tackler/ball handler don't seem to happen. I have not seen any Lineman injured.

That's off the top of my head, and it pretty significant.

That said it really does play well on the field, so I give Rex and crew a lot of credit, and kinda chalk this up to them dealing with the bloated old engine that they are sifting through.

This next patch should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DocHolliday; 09-03-2015 at 08:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »