Home

For those who have started their franchises....

This is a discussion on For those who have started their franchises.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For those who have started their franchises....

Confidence needs to go away if they cant balance it or care too.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 7

At this point in time MADDEN 16 is a very good play now and practice mode game...that is about it.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #35
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOS1181
Confidence needs to go away if they cant balance it or care too.
Agreed. I feel confidence is just done wrong. There's no way being more confident should increase a players stats thus increasing his overall rating.

A confident QB won't be any more accurate or have a stronger arm, he will be willing to take more chances though.

A LB with low confidence won't be any worse at tackling he would be more conservative in his tackles making sure he brought the ball carrier down instead of going for big hits.

Maybe they should us confidence as an xp modifier. More confident= more xp and vice versa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 12:48 AM   #36
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

This game is such a mind **** right now lol. The game against the KC I mentioned earlier in this thread, I went back and replayed it, and it played perfectly. No crazy boosts or anything so I guess it's hit or miss with this glitch.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2015, 01:40 AM   #37
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
The confidence glitch is a game breaker for me. But not just the stacked confidence boosts in a single game proble, but in general, having to manage player confidence through every season is annoying as heck. No sports game has ever gotten this confidence/morale/team chemistry aspect correct. Any game that has one of these features MUST allow the user to toggle it off. If Madden can do that, It'll be a LOT more enjoyable for me.

Regarding the Draft: In the couple seasons I've gone through so far, the Draft is really unbalanced. Lots and lots of players who are over-rated, and after scouting them they are actually 2-3 rounds lower on talent. But I have not seen a single prospect, NOT A SINGLE ONE, that is under-rated and is actually earlier round talent after you scout them. The best you can find is that they meet their pre-scouted draft talent level. So you have draft classes that are loaded with low rated rookies and really short on usable talent. I have not gone far enough into the future to see how this will affect the game 3-4 years into your franchise.
I think the low amount of xp contributes more to guys having low ovrs than the draft classes

IMO they are going in the right direction with the way the draft busts/gems. Maybe a little low on the gem side, but at the same time teams in real life don't usually actually identify late round gems that they know will be stars (like madden allows, or at least used to). If they did they would draft them earlier than their projections. But there are always plenty of red flags to drop a player down draft boards, which I feel like this system allows.

Even though guys don't climb a lot up draft boards (biggest jump I've seen so far is 1 round), there are still gems in later rounds. Drafted a QB on one quick sim in the offseason in the 4th or 5th round and he was coming out as a 79 ovr superstar.

So the gems are definitely still there to be had, it's just harder to identify them, which I like
Old 09-04-2015, 08:22 AM   #38
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

Year 1 game 5 (2-3 with 71 rated Rams team: i like to rebuild from scratch)

No issues.. People complain about every game thinking it has to be perfect but they never are. It is about what you can deal with. If you want to piss and moan turn in your game.

Confidence
: yes it is high but you can reset to 50 at anytime. It is balanced because the CPU can get in the zone too. Aaron Rodgers went 23-31 343 4 td 1 int against me and I lost 31-20. That seems pretty dead on to me. Watched his next game and was 19-35 245 2 td 2 int. Pretty sure that is solid NFL up and down stuff.

Draft: who cares if rookies are high or low. That means every team in your CFM has to deal with high rookies or low rookies and it stays balanced. Just because Andrew Luck is not in your draft every year does not mean the game is broken. There are such things as poor classes but it doesnt just affect you it affects all the other teams.

Progession: Sometimes your players suck. Jake Long was a 96 at some point in the madden franchise. You don't thing after an injury he could suck and regress 8 points?? Sometimes players dont work out Trent Richardson. Move on.

I am amazing at the lack of knowledge from most of you. Sometimes things do not go your way. Sometimes you miss on a 1st round prospect that the game tells you is awesome but cant do crap. Stop looking at ratings and play an organic game. When you do that the game plays quite well and is fun. Y'all just like to complain because it is not benefiting you and if the game is too easy. THEN MAKE YOUR OWN SLIDERS!!!

Seriously adjust the game to you and nothing is broken.

Out
Old 09-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #39
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

^^^you do realize developers have confirned some of this stuff does not work as intended. It is awesome your happy, but need to get off high horse and realize it is a Real issue in CFM.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 1

hyde runs for 150 yds 2 td 1 Fum (inc a 73 burst thru), 25 attempts, 1 rec td 3 catches no drops loses 2 BCV (thats 1900 exps top recoup fyi) ...

Kap throws first qtr 3rd game in preseason 5/8 1 INT, - 3 Med Acc was result

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »