Home

Inside Trap Against 3-4 Fromts

This is a discussion on Inside Trap Against 3-4 Fromts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Inside Trap Against 3-4 Fromts

Against a 4-3, you need to identify the outermost defensive tackle, most often the three technique, and run the pulling guard towards that side. Against a 3-4 front with only one DT, what is the appropriate way to read this?

Thanks Everyone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #2
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Re: Inside Trap Against 3-4 Fromts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Against a 4-3, you need to identify the outermost defensive tackle, most often the three technique, and run the pulling guard towards that side. Against a 3-4 front with only one DT, what is the appropriate way to read this?

Thanks Everyone!
It doesn't make sense to use this run against a true 2-Gap 3-4 front. It's meant to bait an aggressive gap player into taking himself out of the play, but a basic 3-4 is reacting rather than attacking, so it's less effective. Audible to outside or inside zone instead.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #3
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
It doesn't make sense to use this run against a true 2-Gap 3-4 front. It's meant to bait an aggressive gap player into taking himself out of the play, but a basic 3-4 is reacting rather than attacking, so it's less effective. Audible to outside or inside zone instead.
Thanks for the response. I have seen it diagramed before against a 3-4 front, but it's almost impossible in Madden for my guard to reach the five tech. I've had more limited success when using the play against an unbalanced 3-4, where you have one five tech and one three tech, but it's not as effective as against a 4-3 front. Now, I know why.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #4
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Thanks for the response. I have seen it diagramed before against a 3-4 front, but it's almost impossible in Madden for my guard to reach the five tech. I've had more limited success when using the play against an unbalanced 3-4, where you have one five tech and one three tech, but it's not as effective as against a 4-3 front. Now, I know why.
If the front is 3-4 over or under it should still work as usual, but I continue to stress the context of the play call. If someone wanted to use 3-4 Base there are better options to attack it. I for one do not want to attack the Nose Tackle one on one without leverage from the blocking scheme. It's why I prefer the inside zone or power if I get that look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »