Home

Mid game saves Xbox One

This is a discussion on Mid game saves Xbox One within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

OVR: 0
Mid game saves Xbox One

Is it possible to save the game mid game? On PS4 if you just turn it off it saves where you were. I had a game where I got half way through and went to bed and then my Xbox timed out and turned off and I lost my progress. Just wondering because I rarely have time to play a full game of franchise and usually play in small amounts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Re: Mid game saves Xbox One

Just turn the xbox off or exit the game application.

Test it with the first quarter of a game. Sim to then end of 1st and exit the application. Then start it back up and see if the resume tile is on menu.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

In-game save is one of those features I so wish every game had. Life often interrupts my gaming! You can do an in-game save in Madden 16 on the PS4? Even if you are not using Cloud for the franchise?
Old 09-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
In-game save is one of those features I so wish every game had. Life often interrupts my gaming! You can do an in-game save in Madden 16 on the PS4? Even if you are not using Cloud for the franchise?

You cant directly save in game that I know of. A save game will be created for you to resume if your ps4 gets its power cut but im not sure of the particular requirements if any such as quarter etc... When I returned to Madden and ps4 I was very pleasantly surprised when my power went off one day to come back later and given option to resume the game.

Great addition and would love it furthered by a direct save option.

Edit: Also must clarify ive not tested this with madden 16 but it was this way with madden 15.

Last edited by sniperscout75; 09-03-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout75
You cant directly save in game that I know of. A save game will be created for you to resume if your ps4 gets its power cut but im not sure of the particular requirements if any such as quarter etc... When I returned to Madden and ps4 I was very pleasantly surprised when my power went off one day to come back later and given option to resume the game.

Great addition and would love it furthered by a direct save option.

Edit: Also must clarify ive not tested this with madden 16 but it was this way with madden 15.
There was a problem with stats though. At least on 25 there was. I think it was INTs, they were wiped away like they never happened. At least in the defense stats, not sure in the QB stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

This currently NOT working for me. A couple different scenarios in seeing. I'm playing cloud CFM on Xbox one. I play a game through to halftime. I watch tv or go out, come back and start madden back up. Sometimes, the option to 'continue franchise game' is available. However, I just had the experience where the game let me resume, but it warned me, disconnected from ea servers, this game and stats won't count.' So, I played through to the end, anyways, just to see the result. Sure enough, the stats nor the win/loss did NOT count. I had to replay the entire game. Another scenario starts the same, but I never even saw the 'continue franchise game' option. So, I had to replay that entire game. Either way, imo, right now, 'in game saves' are not working to their maximum effect. If u r playing a game, switch to TV for 5 mins and switch back, u will probably be ok, but whatever the time limit (I'm guessing half hour) either ea or Xbox will disconnect from ea servers. Once this happens, we seem to be screwed. I put something in the bugs/glitches thread about this as this, again, imo, is NOT how this should work. Particularly for 'cloud'. That should save the in game data when u pause the screen, or pause the 'game app' or when it decides to disconnect from ea servers. It should then save current in game data to cloud allowing to resume at any future time by simply downloading that CFM in game save data. This is NOT currently happening. Not sure if they're fully aware of this or not, but this is HUGE. For me, specifically, anyways, I play 15 min qtrs with acc clock, and last 2 years, I had no problems playing a half, and then backing out, watching tv, turning off Xbox, etc, and being able to resume game, later. I'm curious if 'offline CFM' is then the way to go, and perhaps it's the cloud option screwing this up? But, of course, madden suggest using 'cloud' option because it 'speeds up simming games', so I chose that. Unfortunately, u also do NOT have the option of changing from 'cloud' to 'offline,' so I'm not sure of any of this!!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #7
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
This currently NOT working for me. A couple different scenarios in seeing. I'm playing cloud CFM on Xbox one. I play a game through to halftime. I watch tv or go out, come back and start madden back up. Sometimes, the option to 'continue franchise game' is available. However, I just had the experience where the game let me resume, but it warned me, disconnected from ea servers, this game and stats won't count.' So, I played through to the end, anyways, just to see the result. Sure enough, the stats nor the win/loss did NOT count. I had to replay the entire game. Another scenario starts the same, but I never even saw the 'continue franchise game' option. So, I had to replay that entire game. Either way, imo, right now, 'in game saves' are not working to their maximum effect. If u r playing a game, switch to TV for 5 mins and switch back, u will probably be ok, but whatever the time limit (I'm guessing half hour) either ea or Xbox will disconnect from ea servers. Once this happens, we seem to be screwed. I put something in the bugs/glitches thread about this as this, again, imo, is NOT how this should work. Particularly for 'cloud'. That should save the in game data when u pause the screen, or pause the 'game app' or when it decides to disconnect from ea servers. It should then save current in game data to cloud allowing to resume at any future time by simply downloading that CFM in game save data. This is NOT currently happening. Not sure if they're fully aware of this or not, but this is HUGE. For me, specifically, anyways, I play 15 min qtrs with acc clock, and last 2 years, I had no problems playing a half, and then backing out, watching tv, turning off Xbox, etc, and being able to resume game, later. I'm curious if 'offline CFM' is then the way to go, and perhaps it's the cloud option screwing this up? But, of course, madden suggest using 'cloud' option because it 'speeds up simming games', so I chose that. Unfortunately, u also do NOT have the option of changing from 'cloud' to 'offline,' so I'm not sure of any of this!!! Lol.

I know offline game save works for a fact. I've used it alot.

As for online cloud game save, the game does disconnect you from servers if you are away to long, which results in that message about game stats not saving. Same happens with ultimate team when doing solos and I lose connection.

Have you tried just exiting the game application it's self and NOT letting the game disconnect by inactivity? To test, you could sim a quarter then exit the game application. I don't recall if game saves was available for online franchises. I vaguely remember it not.

Last edited by Datninja619; 09-03-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I know offline game save works for a fact. I've used it alot.

As for online cloud game save, the game does disconnect you from servers if you are away to long, which results in that message about game stats not saving. Same happens with ultimate team when doing solos and I lose connection.

Have you tried just exiting the game application it's self and NOT letting the game disconnect by inactivity? I don't recall if game saves was available for online franchises. I vaguely remember it not.

Yeah, that's an interesting thought. If I'm going to be away for longer than I think, go ahead and 'quit' the game app. I think I tried this, however, and it failed. But, I think I'll try it again just to see if this works. Maybe, when 'quitting' the game app, it automatically sends current data from game to cloud to be retrieved later, but if it simply disconnects, it does not? Ugh, either way, not happy with this current design problem. I think I will try to go to super bowl with this franchise, and after the season ends, I will restart an 'offline' franchise and see if that solves my problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »