Home

Get Skinny feature needs to be reworked!

This is a discussion on Get Skinny feature needs to be reworked! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Get Skinny feature needs to be reworked!

After playing the game for a week, I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the "get skinny" animation. 1st off I don't like how it's tied to the protect the ball button. There are times when I just want to cover the ball when running up the middle only to have my RB do the get skinny animation. They should've used another button option for it. 2nd I hate how it happens randomly/contextually. This should be something that we control manually. Lastly, the animation itself just looks off. When I think of a player getting skinny I see them leaning sideways trying to squeeze between players. They way it is in Madden players just put their head down & lower their shoulder slightly twisting similar to a trucking animation. There needs to be a variety of get skinny animations if they're going to have this in the game. Seeing all players doing the same animation gets old after a while.

So I'm not against having a get skinny option in the game because it is needed, I just wish they would've implemented it better. Have it mapped to it's own button & give us a variety of get skinny animations.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 09-03-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: Get Skinny feature needs to be reworked!

I wish there was something similar on defense. So many times I have a clear gap to fill and just get stuck on an engaged lineman
Old 09-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #3
Banned

The get skinny mechanic should not be tied to a button, it should be automatically triggered by backs without users pushing a button, I never use it, seems like a waste of a button to me.

Some other running mechanics that need to be automatic:

Trucking, running backs should automatically put their heads/shoulders down when coming in contact with a defender, in an attempt to truck them or to just simply protect themselves. Their still can be an option to manually truck also.

The stiff arm, it's completely broken in this game and has been for years. Stiff arms tend to only work after contact is made, which defeats the purpose of the stiff arm!! Stiff arms should be automatic when in the open field, with an option to manually trigger it.

Last edited by SportsGamer94; 09-03-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
The get skinny mechanic should not be tied to a button, it should be automatically triggered by backs without users pushing a button, I never use it, seems like a waste of a button to me.

Some other running mechanics that need to be automatic:

Trucking, running backs should automatically put their heads/shoulders down when coming in contact with a defender, in an attempt to truck them or to just simply protect themselves. Their still can be an option to manually truck also.

The stiff arm, it's completely broken in this game and has been for years. Stiff arms tend to only work after contact is made, which defeats the purpose of the stiff arm!! Stiff arms should be automatic when in the open field, with an option to manually trigger it.
I tend to agree and the focus should be more on your left stick and right stick moves. Then allow the trucking and stiff arms be ability based on the HB. Similar to how we have traits players take on throughout games, example would be if a running back fumbles he fights for less yards and covers ball more.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
I agree that it should not be tied to a button, however since they do have it tied to a button I think it should be it's own separate button (maybe trigger it by holding L1/LB). My point is being that they have it mapped to the same button as the protect the ball, there are times where the get skinny animation triggers when I don't want it to & I'm attempting to protect the ball instead. I just don't like that it's the same button as covering the ball. You're right in that it should be contextual but the way they have it now is you have to use a button to trigger it & you never really know if you're going to cover the ball or get skinny. It's just a random crap shoot. So yeah if they just made it contextual without mapping it to a button then problem solved

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 09-03-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I agree that it should not be tied to a button, however since they do have it tied to a button I think it should be it's own separate button (maybe trigger it by holding L1/LB). My point is being that they have it mapped to the same button as the protect the ball, there are times where the get skinny animation triggers when I don't want it to & I'm attempting to protect the ball instead. I just don't like that it's the same button as covering the ball. You're right in that it should be contextual but the way they have it now is you have to use a button to trigger it & you never really know if you're going to cover the ball or get skinny. It's just a random crap shoot. So yeah if they just made it contextual without mapping it to a button then problem solved
L1/LB is the lateral button. That would never go well.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
L1/LB is the lateral button. That would never go well.
Yeah you're right. They should just make it contextual & problem solved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »