Home

Does strength matter for DEs?

This is a discussion on Does strength matter for DEs? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 06:20 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Does strength matter for DEs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Not a bug or glitch.

The Ravens don't use a true 3-4. They may have 3-4 personnel but they line up usually with 1 gap assignments.

That is why they are hybrid. It is not about personnel so much as it is about gaps.

Edit: Don't have the game in front of me but I am pretty sure teams listed as hybrid will have 3-4 over ed. That is your hybrid defense.

I would advise against adding conventional 4-3 sets to those teams. All you will be doing is having guys play out of position.
That's not what I read concerning what is a Hybrid defense:

" A hybrid defense is one that uses the 4-3 and 3-4 defensive packages -- and I don't mean a 3-4 defense that will use a four-man rush on third downs."

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/090...across-the-nfl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
Yeah, Collins is still effective enough to play as 4-3 OLB. I don't see a need to ever put him as a DE unless you are just subbing him in on the edge to rush.

After custom books work I'd make one with some mixes of 4-3, 3-4 3-3 nickel etc.
Whatever you are comfortable running. Just have your best players on the field in the proper place for the situation/formation.

Having Collins, Hightower, Ninkovic, Jones will allow you to be pretty effective. Only thing you will need to do is make sure you get a strong NT(DT) to replace where Wilfork was last year. If you don't have a pretty strong DT the 3 man DL formations aren't very effective as teams will be able to push their way up the middle on runs.

McCourty can also play CB if you needed to move him there in the offseason. Just depends on who you can add to your secondary.

Good luck. I'll miss that Patriot defense this Madden.
I'm using the Bills. I was doing depth charts for all teams when I noticed Collins having a higher overall at defensive end.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #27
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The overall ratings doesn't calculate it for different schemes. It weighs all attributes the same whether the player is in a 3-4 or a 4-3. In franchise mode it does but not rob the extent that it should in my opinion.

This is not a test.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The overall ratings doesn't calculate it for different schemes. It weighs all attributes the same whether the player is in a 3-4 or a 4-3. In franchise mode it does but not rob the extent that it should in my opinion.

This is not a test.
I think I stated this earlier, but just in case:

I checked Patriots depth chart in Franchise and Collins had a higher overall as defensive end. I also checked that in a franchise game.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #29
Rookie

I moved A.Donald into Le in 3-4 n jumped to 97 n move Clowney to re or le in 4-3 99 fast dt can work at De in 3-4 n olb with good speed n moves work good as de in 4-3 basically

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2015, 12:08 PM   #30
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I think I stated this earlier, but just in case:

I checked Patriots depth chart in Franchise and Collins had a higher overall as defensive end. I also checked that in a franchise game.
That overall is just based on your coaches position scheme. So yes, if your DE scheme is set to pass rush it will show Collins with a really high ovr at DE.
That overall # number will only be based on 2-3 player attributes.
That overall # doesn't mean he is actually better at DE than Jones or Nickovich.

If you really want to run a lot of 4-3 you can put him on the end. But strength in game does matter. He might beat the RT or LT on a pass rush. He's gonna get pushed around & be horrible vs the run.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:36 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
That overall is just based on your coaches position scheme. So yes, if your DE scheme is set to pass rush it will show Collins with a really high ovr at DE.
That overall # number will only be based on 2-3 player attributes.
That overall # doesn't mean he is actually better at DE than Jones or Nickovich.

If you really want to run a lot of 4-3 you can put him on the end. But strength in game does matter. He might beat the RT or LT on a pass rush. He's gonna get pushed around & be horrible vs the run.
The Patriots scheme for defensive ends is 3-4 versatile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #32
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
The Patriots scheme for defensive ends is 3-4 versatile.
That doesn't matter, that ovr # you see on your depth chart will be based ONLY on what it states in under your coach position schemes. You need to ignore the ovr & actually look at your players attributes.
Or just ignore the things I'm actually typing here & do whatever. lol

Von Miller & every other pass rushing OLB will always show as a 96-99 overall DE. Doesn't mean you should play them at DE all the time, just means you should be rushing them at the QB most times.

Last edited by cooper417; 09-05-2015 at 01:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »