Home

Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Interaction

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Interaction within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #73
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Interactio

Hit the practice field for about 20 minutes throwing mostly streak routes. Here's what I found.

1 on 1 not much has changed. If you have an elite WR 1 on 1 he's going to win a good deal of those jump balls.

Man 2 under works pretty great vs these streak routes however. The safeties do a great job of breaking on the ball. In my 20 minute session once I switched the D to 2 man under I saw a significant drop in success rate on the deep balls. I would say the D was winning 90% of them. So I think it will go back to your ability to read the defense, and find your matchups to attack. That's football to me.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Interactio

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Hit the practice field for about 20 minutes throwing mostly streak routes. Here's what I found.

1 on 1 not much has changed. If you have an elite WR 1 on 1 he's going to win a good deal of those jump balls.

Man 2 under works pretty great vs these streak routes however. The safeties do a great job of breaking on the ball. In my 20 minute session once I switched the D to 2 man under I saw a significant drop in success rate on the deep balls. I would say the D was winning 90% of them. So I think it will go back to your ability to read the defense, and find your matchups to attack. That's football to me.
Thank god I made a note on my phone about to beat all the zone coverages in the game...
Old 09-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #75
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:

My only problem with this is that the AI is really dumb when calling plays. So it is too easy to find the 1-1 player. Many 1-1 on 3 and long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #76
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Aggressive catch was not OP on All Madden. I was at about 25% on my attempts before the update. So now are they going to be virtually impossible on All Madden now?

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 09-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #77
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:

Did you test with deep zones too (3,4,6)?

If anything I'll just adjustment the corner to man. I like to scheme with zone blitz.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Intera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
Am playing my first game after the update and right now Alex Smith has thrown 2 interceptions to my safeties - one to FS Darian Stewart and one to SS TJ Ward - so looks like for one game at least the safety play is much much better!

But then one game is not data of course...

So u must like madden 15 better because if u ever threw it deep one on one or zone it would get intercepted the majority of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mixxx01; 09-04-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Aggressive catch was not OP on All Madden. I was at about 25% on my attempts before the update. So now are they going to be virtually impossible on All Madden now?
That's what I'm worried about. All Madden played perfect before this update (hopefully it still does)
Old 09-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #80
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Did you test with deep zones too (3,4,6)?

If anything I'll just adjustment the corner to man. I like to scheme with zone blitz.
No..I don't anticipate it changing a whole lot though. The AI safeties were doing a fantastic job of positioning themselves between the ball and the receiver. I was pretty impressed with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »