Home

Noticed nice thing about catch types

This is a discussion on Noticed nice thing about catch types within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #1
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Noticed nice thing about possession catch type

I have wanted for a long time in Madden to manually control the toe drag as a receiver approaches the sideline at speed and attempts to make a catch. For years you had to hope the toe drag animation triggered or you werent going to get both feet in bounds. This year there seems to be some control, twice in the last few games I have played, going full speed toward the edge of the field, holding x for possession catch has triggered the toe drag animation, and both resulted in completions. My understanding of this type of catch in the game was that it should be used primarily on curl routes or when a first down was needed, not as much for dragging feet on the edge. I love that this is in the game! The videos are below, if this is common knowledge I apologize, but I feel its an important aspect to gameplay and dont remember it being focused on.

Last edited by reverend_heat; 09-04-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Noticed nice thing about catch types

I noticed this as well. The WRs really fight to get their feet down when they go for possession catches near the sidelines. I posted this in the video thread but this is a prime example of them really fighting to get their toes down for catches. Its a really cool aspect this year and i love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »