Home

Improve Your Run Game In Madden 16

This is a discussion on Improve Your Run Game In Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #17
Rookie

buffarukus's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonertaff
guys

is it me or is the pre release mentioned "get Skinny" at the LOS not in the game?

dammed if i can find it amy where and my testing various bottom combinations have resulted in more than a few fumbles as my back tosses the ball over his head( so the bumper bottoms are def. not it lol)
its R1 (bumper). only works if your going through the line I'm guessing behind scrimmage. I'm on ps4 and works
Old 09-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #18
Rookie

buffarukus's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
These are two huge issues with the run game, juke moves have to be performed from too far away to be effective otherwise you will get sucked into a tackle animation which is a legacy issue that still needs to be fixed, this is also the reason more people choose to use the spin move more often, it does not cause suction tackling within close proximity for some reason. In real life backs can perform jukes within less than a yard from a defender.

And the stiff arm, having to wait for first contact for the stiff arm to trigger defeats the purpose of the stiff arm, we should be able to hold out the stiff arm whenever we want to.
I agree, if pretty stupid to predetermine a juke from that distance. that's not what they are used for in real life. and I hated they changed the stiff arm. pressing x and just gambling some stiff arm ani will happen is a dumb and I rarely see a positive result if any. liked how it was originally because you could see it AND it was a nice way to switch carrying arm to the outside.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Improve Your Run Game In Madden 16

I'm loving the running game this year. It doesn't feel cheap like last year where basically any inside or outside zone was nearly a guaranteed 8 - 20 yards and short yardage was automatic.

The running scheme tutorials in the game really help, especially the one on zone runs, the power run, and the one where the guard pulls to block a DT... Forgetting the name of it. I used to always get blown up on that particular run, and since doing the tutorial, I now know when to flip it and how to maximize it's effectiveness. Gives me a lot of variety in running.

The only drawback to running, this year, is the broken in-game progression system. When you're winning, after a full game, and if you've ticked off your drive goals in franchise mode, your running back becomes an unstoppable beast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »