Home

Equipment Update Needed

This is a discussion on Equipment Update Needed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Equipment Update Needed

I'm shocked that anyone can even notice equipment when there's gameplay that needs to be fixed.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

The good thing is one of the Devs said they are going to improve equipment for M17.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #11
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakfu
I'm shocked that anyone can even notice equipment when there's gameplay that needs to be fixed.
So when you play you exist in some type of alternate ethereal reality where you just experience pure gameplay without seeing the on screen action? I dont know man, I see the little digital guys on screen when I play, and I sees that they done need some updatin.

Equipment wise number 1 I want mouthguards added, black, white, pink, purple, and every team color in between, guys simply dont look like themselves without them. In a perfect world it would be nice to be able to have mouthpieces attached to facemasks and the pacifier variety not attached to the mask. Arm sleeves, quarter sleeves that come down between bottom of pads but stop above elbow (Tebow this preseason with Eagles), single arm sleeves including the kind that don't reach all the way up under the shoulder pads (Leveon Bell), mid forearm bands (Rodgers, Romo) elbow turf tape, sock issues need to be fixed, Watt's arm brace, multiple helmets and facemasks, adjustable towel placement, adjustable handwarmers (behind player) gloves like the Nike Vapor Jet 3.0 (team logo on palms) cleats of all kinds and colors, ankle tape needs to be re done, still looks ridiculous now. Im missing a bunch of stuff, but maybe most importantly, if they do add updated equipment next year please, please, make sure to let us edit anything and everything so we can avoid one player using one piece of equipment and nobody else in the entire league (RG3's sleeve anybody?) anything else Im missing?

Last edited by reverend_heat; 09-06-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #12
MVP

We need every accessory known to man in the game. I never understood how NCAA football had way more accessory options than Madden. What about the 3/4 sleeve undershirts like Andrew Luck & many other players are wearing in the NFL? What happened to rolled neck braces? Also, a lot of QB's are starting to wear short sleeved jerseys similar to how Phillip Rivers has his sleeves (with that cut off look). As of right now they only have one long sleeve option in the game. Old school players should wear the longer sleeves like they wore back in the day & current players should have shorter sleeves. I want to see the attention to detail when it comes to equipment.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 09-07-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:57 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakfu
I've never understood that argument. People act as if you can only focus on one aspect of the game at a time smh. We all understand that gameplay is obviously most important but that doesn't mean other aspects of the game don't need to improve (presentation, equipment, sidelines, etc..) Last time I checked they do have different departments that work on different parts of the game....
Old 09-06-2015, 10:45 PM   #14
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
That's never going to happen for multiple reasons. One being we can the updates done for free, through roster share so most people wouldn't pay $30 for an upgrade. And 2, EA and more importantly it's shareholders will never go for it. They won't take a huge loss by releasing an update that will get them only half what they get every year when they sell a brand new game.
I understand that point of view, but there are a lot of RPG games that do exactly what I have said and make money hand over fist. RPG games take years in between releases. They continue making money with DLCs on a regular basis until the next full game release. It would cost them very little to set up a DLC that gave full roster/coaching updates, also maintaining weekly player rating adjustments. There may be many on this site who download or create their own rosters but I am pretty sure most madden players don't even begin to scratch the surface of things like that. Heck, what percentage don't even come to a site like this? Guessing tens of millions of Madden owners do not visit a site much less make custom rosters.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:56 PM   #15
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
So when you play you exist in some type of alternate ethereal reality where you just experience pure gameplay without seeing the on screen action? I dont know man, I see the little digital guys on screen when I play, and I sees that they done need some updatin.

Equipment wise number 1 I want mouthguards added, black, white, pink, purple, and every team color in between, guys simply dont look like themselves without them. In a perfect world it would be nice to be able to have mouthpieces attached to facemasks and the pacifier variety not attached to the mask. Arm sleeves, quarter sleeves that come down between bottom of pads but stop above elbow (Tebow this preseason with Eagles), single arm sleeves including the kind that don't reach all the way up under the shoulder pads (Leveon Bell), mid forearm bands (Rodgers, Romo) elbow turf tape, sock issues need to be fixed, Watt's arm brace, multiple helmets and facemasks, adjustable towel placement, adjustable handwarmers (behind player) gloves like the Nike Vapor Jet 3.0 (team logo on palms) cleats of all kinds and colors, ankle tape needs to be re done, still looks ridiculous now. Im missing a bunch of stuff, but maybe most importantly, if they do add updated equipment next year please, please, make sure to let us edit anything and everything so we can avoid one player using one piece of equipment and nobody else in the entire league (RG3's sleeve anybody?) anything else Im missing?
Knee braces. They were in the last 2 ncaa games and basically every offensive lineman wears atleast one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 11:22 PM   #16
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

It was this community that got team colored cleats into Madden 10. If we do this the RIGHT WAY maybe we could get a massive equipment upgrade into madden 17. The fact that they are still using reebok gloves from 2012 is becoming an eye sore and has to be in some sort of breech of Nikes apparel deal with the NFL.

But again tact and respect on this issue is what will garner the attention of the right people at EA.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »