Home

Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

This is a discussion on Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiphos
I am cursed when it comes to safeties.

Awesome Oline, QB, LB....yup all of those at one point. But dating back to M15 and its 7 seasons plus this years two seasons....I can't find a safety (free or strong) worth a damn in the draft. Slow speed or wimpy hitters or terrible coverage or slow development....I can't catch a break.

I'm really going to try to switch someone's position, cause I just scouted all of the safeties in this next years class...and surprise, they are all garbage.

OlB to SS and a corner to FS?
Best thing I did in this regard was move a a really fast corner to free safety (they all have over powered strength) and then move a fast olb to Strong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #234
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I won't post the image here because it is so large but the entire draft class I had can be seen HERE.

It's sorted by their scouted True Talent grades and I put their actual True Talent and OVR based on their draft card (it will change based on scheme afterwards) on the right as well as where I picked them. For the most part, the True Talent grade held true and there was a decent amount of variation between them. There was also some anomalies with guys having a low True Talent but a much higher OVR. There were a couple Undrafted Centers that were rated well fairly well as well as an undrafted FB who was #10 in TT.

I scouted everyone by changing characters. Scouting does change throughout the season but not much. I'm pretty sure the only thing that changes is their projections and True Talent. Nobodies actual attributes changed throughout the process and there was only a handful of guys that actually had anything change at all. I think the only guys that will change are the storyline players.

The draft class wasn't very deep. It consisted of:

21 1st round True Talent grades (3 Early, 7 Mid, 11 Late)
30 2nd round (6 Early, 8 Mid, 16 Late)
21 3rd round (9 Early, 6 Mid, 6 Late)
20 4th round (5 Early, 7 Mid, 8 Late)
30 5th round (5 Early, 11 Mid, 14 Late)
32 6th round (8 Early, 9 Mid, 15 Late)
39 7th round (7 Early, 12 Mid, 20 Late)
102 Undrafted

I haven't advanced yet to see the guys I didn't get to draft to see if there are any more surprises maybe in the FA but I'm guessing with the way I drafted there shouldn't be too many.

So im just curious , what were their overalls ranges for each "round" ? Were all the 1st round true talents 80 +? What were 2nd 3rd round and so on?

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 10-17-2015, 01:41 PM   #235
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
So im just curious , what were their overalls ranges for each "round" ? Were all the 1st round true talents 80 +? What were 2nd 3rd round and so on?
From my experience the true talent grade means absolutely nothing. I could be wrong, but there are plenty of players in the later rounds that don't have 1st Round true talent who come in at an 80 overall or higher. I haven't done a ton of testing so far, so maybe it just helps pick out the busts, but I'm not sure. Would love to hear more about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 01:14 AM   #236
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

So finally got around to my first draft. To be honest I really didn't know what I was doing and was just kinda messing around with it but I had what may be one of my best drafts ever. Which sucks because I don't really know how I did it lol. Anyways here we go:

This was my 1st round pick at #22. Has some coverage skills to go along with excellent physical attributes. Solid pick here. Normal dev trait.

2nd round was this guy. His physical attributes as a 306lb man are excellent. Solid positional stuff. Just a little dumb. Superstar dev.

3rd round. Mack is just an all around solid player who doesn't really have a weakness. Superstar dev.

Late 3rd round pick. This may be my best pick on any Madden value wise. I took a flier on him since Rivers isn't getting any younger and figured I could groom him for a year or two. Holy **** balls man. Great pick. Quick dev.

4th round pick. Vinny's strength could be higher but his blocking skills are well rounded already. Solid value here. Superstar dev.

Late 6th round. Wasn't expecting much as picking were slim. This was the only guy left on my board and I still needed oline depth. Not to bad. Good strength and pretty good blocking. Just dumb and really slow. Normal dev.

Late 7th round. I ran out of guys I had scouted so this was purely a combine guy. Not really good at much other then being able to move better then most saftey's. If I can get a few of his attributes up he could be decent depth.

That's it. Pretty damn good if you ask me.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #237
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
Best thing I did in this regard was move a a really fast corner to free safety (they all have over powered strength) and then move a fast olb to Strong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Yeah it is the most ridiculous trait screw up on the game. My CBs can easily have 85 str but my LINEBACKERS and SAFETIES have like 65 strength.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »