Home

Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

This is a discussion on Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2015, 02:42 AM   #41
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviladams
Bombs away to this guy^^^^^ Just chuck it up dog. They can't jump with me golly!

I'm in bed and don't have more specifics but my first draft class was probably as good as it could get.

First pick overall I took a QB, 85 ovr, arm in the upper 90', SS development. I did not notice, as it was my first ever selection on madden 16, where he fell in terms of overall value. Second rd I took a WR, he was in the 80's and was one of the top 15 players in the draft, SS development. I added a SS development LT in the 4th rd and a quick development DE later as well. I believe I am leaving out one more SS development player, just can't remember who.
dear lord, from the drafts I remember it was much more difficult to find those players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 05:22 PM   #42
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
dear lord, from the drafts I remember it was much more difficult to find those players
I think it was a fluke and just got lucky. I don't think I'd be able to repeat that feat again.

Last edited by Nuke LaLoosh; 09-12-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
I just did my 3rd draft last night. I had more pressing concerns in the first draft so I didn't check linebackers. I made LB a priority in the 2nd draft and they seemed to be terrible. Either really slow with OK strength, or not quite as slow with low strength. I drafted 2 last night. Both in the 2nd round. First was ROLB 81ovr 84sp 82acc 74str star dev. The 2nd was 74ovr 87sp 90acc 75str star dev. I also drafted a RE that I will be switching to LB he was the 71st overall pick 79ovr 85sp 89acc 68str star dev. If they aren't star or quick, I dump them. With progression being an issue it is not worth the time investment for any rookie that isn't.

*On a side note.. I saw in last night's draft that my scout got a discount on a couple of the locked traits. Now, it is the biggest waste EVER. What happened is, instead of paying 5 pts to unlock the trait, I paid 3 pts. That left me with 2 unusuable points. So when I advanced to the next week, it left me with 1 unusuable point. So I guess if you get real lucky you might get the discount 5x and get an extra 5 points to unlock a trait with... woop dee doo.
Is this still true after the draft?
Old 09-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #44
Rookie

Are the rookies all created and then randomly put into the draft classes. Or is each one unique and randomly generated? If they are premade does anyone have a database?
Old 09-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #45
MVP

All draft classes are randomly generated when a new season starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
All draft classes are randomly generated when a new season starts.
Yes I know the draft classes are. But are the players? I heard (can't remember where but was on this forum) that the players are all pre made, they are just randomly put together into draft classes.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:19 PM   #47
Rookie

wanescotting's Arena

I had an excellent time in my first CFM draft...scouted alot, found three corners(one first rounder projected in 1, 1 guy with first round talent projected to go in the second round, and 1 guy projected third round talent to go in round 3)

I wanted to "steal" one of the two first rounders late in the first round (one of the two) but they were taken right ahead of me in the first round. Instead I drafted a FS I was high on and then with my second round pick, I took running back I liked (from scouting) and then traded with the Jags for their third rounder and took the last corner I liked...it was cool because that guy ended up having SS dev trait I actually felt like I had to move heaven and earth to get the draft right and it was nice for a change.
The guys I took later were decent, but I found myself wishing I had built a better draft board, and I never really thought about it before.

EA got this part right in my opinion. I like to balancing act between skills and talent...good players have the right mix of both...forces you to look a bit deeper.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #48
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Somehow the number one projected player in the draft(a Left Tackle) got fully unlocked for me, without me scouting him or any points being used from my total. Does anyone know how this happened?

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »