Home

Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

This is a discussion on Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 05:26 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Somehow the number one projected player in the draft(a Left Tackle) got fully unlocked for me, without me scouting him or any points being used from my total. Does anyone know how this happened?
In the "tutorial" that they have when you first open up scouting automatically spends your points if I am remembering correctly
Old 09-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #50
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang
In the "tutorial" that they have when you first open up scouting automatically spends your points if I am remembering correctly
Yeah, you're right, now I remember, they should have let me pick who I wanted, I'm not going after a LT in this draft, lol.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #51
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the new scouting, in my test franchise, the first year was Qb heavy, this may be in an effort to replace Manning, Brady and the others that are gonna retire soon. The combine numbers are helpful for finding sleepers in the later rounds. Overall it's been pretty well balanced based on the classes I've seen.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #52
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviladams
I think it was a fluke and just got lucky. I don't think I'd be able to repeat that feat again.
witch is good he's a randy moss basically 98 speed 85 hands 98 jumping and 6ft1 this should happen like once every 5 to 9 season ! its not special if every other year there a player like him !
Old 09-12-2015, 09:40 PM   #53
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I was scouting WR's looking for a mid round steal, and I unlock the first rating: Catching B+, NICE, second rating, catch in traffic B, good, good, third rating, Spec Catch, D-, uh, could be useful, but, yeah, moving on...

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:50 AM   #54
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

Personally, I like the way it is this year. The draft is a gamble, It should be hard to find gems. And I honestly think people put too much focus into "true value" and player overalls. Let's not forget that it's just a video game. I honestly think people forget that sometimes. I draft players based on how I like to use them, not based on overall or schemes. For example, whenever I start a franchise mode, one of the first positions I look to improve through the draft is TE. I always go after tall and athletic (Jimmy Graham style) TE's. I've drafted TE's with such bad overalls that they wouldn't even start on a JV football team...yet I've developed them into perennial pro bowlers. Sure those tight ends might have some awful attributes like blocking or awareness, but the way I use them, I don't need them to block. The point I'm trying to make is that although I wish every single aspect of Madden was true to life realistic, it's a video game. There will NEVER be a sports video game that will please everybody nor will it function like the real thing. So just take it for what it is, make the most of it, and just have fun. Plus, if you really pay attention to the combine stats on incoming rookies, you can get a good idea on what that player will be good at. Obviously if an incoming CB has a very high rated 40 time and good vertical jump, shuttle drill, cone, etc. I'm pretty sure that dude can cover and play jump balls with receivers. He might not be the best tackler, but that's YOUR job to develop that part of his game.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #55
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
Personally, I like the way it is this year. The draft is a gamble, It should be hard to find gems. And I honestly think people put too much focus into "true value" and player overalls. Let's not forget that it's just a video game. I honestly think people forget that sometimes. I draft players based on how I like to use them, not based on overall or schemes. For example, whenever I start a franchise mode, one of the first positions I look to improve through the draft is TE. I always go after tall and athletic (Jimmy Graham style) TE's. I've drafted TE's with such bad overalls that they wouldn't even start on a JV football team...yet I've developed them into perennial pro bowlers. Sure those tight ends might have some awful attributes like blocking or awareness, but the way I use them, I don't need them to block. The point I'm trying to make is that although I wish every single aspect of Madden was true to life realistic, it's a video game. There will NEVER be a sports video game that will please everybody nor will it function like the real thing. So just take it for what it is, make the most of it, and just have fun. Plus, if you really pay attention to the combine stats on incoming rookies, you can get a good idea on what that player will be good at. Obviously if an incoming CB has a very high rated 40 time and good vertical jump, shuttle drill, cone, etc. I'm pretty sure that dude can cover and play jump balls with receivers. He might not be the best tackler, but that's YOUR job to develop that part of his game.
I enjoy doing that as well, but that just so happens to work in our favor. For those who like to draft for overall or for certain schemes, well I can see why they wouldnt be as happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #56
Rookie

Exclamation Re: Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

NOt that I feel this way but does anyone else feel that players without the star or quick trait are useless? Is the player progression that bad? You guys seem excited about the drafting process and I do too but then whats the point if in 3 years their overall has only gone up 2-3 times? How do you guys feel bout this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »