Home

Retractable Roofs Open?

This is a discussion on Retractable Roofs Open? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Retractable Roofs Open?

I don't know why this is so hard, after all, the biggest obstacle to getting this in game is something that's already done: open versions of the stadium in question. They are already listed and created - called Open and Closed!!!!????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #66
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
So if your information is true, then all this "new" engine talk is great for lighting and such, but if I understand you correctly core code requirements for franchise
UI cuts across literally the entire game, not just franchise. If there's a new feature ask for MUT, it requires UI. If there's a new feature ask for something in-game, it probably requires UI for explainers on lower difficulty settings.

UI is ubiquitous.

Quote:
are using old code due to either lack of planning and insight or as I have always believed is that franchise just isn't high on the priority list.
Or it could be the much more reasonable explanation that managing a game which is over ten million lines of code is a massive technical challenge.

Replacing any technology is going to require a lot of manpower. Heck, we have an example right in front of us this year with the transition from Ignite to Frostbite, that has been in the works for quite literally a few years.

Tiburon is not dismissing franchise players, and there's no need to spin then to unnecessarily and incorrectly demonize people.

Quote:
Hence the need for an exclusive agreement.
Yeah we're not going to go down this route. It's old, lazy, cynical, and tired.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 7

Since you took my comment apart I willl retort. First, I don't know what you know, but I said "if" you were correct then it sucked. I understand you said it went across the board to all areas.

The bottom line is franchise does feel like the step child in this arena.

As far as my comment about the exclusive agreement, it is old, and tired for us gamers!1 it is also a major part of EA and Maddens legacy.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #68
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

exclusive agreements drive me nuts. Yes I know it's just business but when you have games that have a lot of potential it sucks that it can't get off the ground due to a monopoly. All it does is just hurts and angers gamers.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
exclusive agreements drive me nuts. Yes I know it's just business but when you have games that have a lot of potential it sucks that it can't get off the ground due to a monopoly. All it does is just hurts and angers gamers.
EA has no monopoly, they own an NFL license. Anyone can make a football game, just not an NFL one. All Pro Football 2K8 got made and released just fine when the exclusive EA/NFL agreement was in place.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #70
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
In my conversations with Tiburon people, UI is one of the biggest bottlenecks for new features in the game, especially franchise. Madden is unfortunately locked into using an older UI middleware solution and upgrading from that to a more modern middleware would require basically an entire cycle with no other game additions or changes.

CM always adds perspective of programmers. Its always helpful but I always will remind everyone: This is an explanation not an excuse. This is a massive AAA game, their limitations are of their own making. Year 6 of CFM and no open stadiums. Its a bad result.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:12 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
So if your information is true, then all this "new" engine talk is great for lighting and such, but if I understand you correctly core code requirements for franchise are using old code due to either lack of planning and insight or as I have always believed is that franchise just isn't high on the priority list. Hence the need for an exclusive agreement.
The new engine is a gameplay engine not a UI... engine? I don't think they're called that but there you go. They've always been and will always be distinct things.

For what it's worth I don't at all buy that it would be that difficult to make a stadium (or weather) select option in franchise mode. I think it just gets buried being other priorities which I disagree with but it is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #72
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
CM always adds perspective of programmers. Its always helpful but I always will remind everyone: This is an explanation not an excuse. This is a massive AAA game, their limitations are of their own making. Year 6 of CFM and no open stadiums. Its a bad result.
Unfortunate reality of software in general. A lot of this stuff just won't be addressed until the annual release cycle moves to a subscription model.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »