Home

Anyone using the Eagles in CFM?

This is a discussion on Anyone using the Eagles in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
Director of Fun and Games

atom27's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone using the Eagles in CFM?

..would like some of your observations, and i'll share mine.

Settings: Vanilla Pro. I always start on Pro to get used to the nuances of the new version, then bump up to all-pro. I recreated the roster cuts, and simmed up to the Jets preseason game.

Observation #1 Bradford gets minor injury on his 3rd series. And out for the game. This folks, might be a true-to-life-harbinger.

Observation #2 The receivers are terrible at securing the ball. Bradford gets the ball to them on a dime and they can't hold on to it. Ertz is ok. Matthews is so-so. Everyone else always gets the ball stripped unless they are wide open.

Observation #3 Against the Dirty Birds, I cant tell if Ryan and WR corps are that good, or the new Eagles secondary is that bad, but Ryan ended up throwing for over 75% completion and 3 TDs. I used a mix of zone and man, blitzing Graham, Kendricks at times, Barwin, press coverage, loose coverage. I guess a great QB is just that.

Observation #4 The 4-headed running back monster (and not Bradford) won the game for me, as I ran a mix of Shotgun hurry-up, and singleback formations. Its just not fair bringing in a good fresh back every other down. MUAHAHA

Share your Eagles tips below!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone using the Eagles in CFM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom27
..would like some of your observations, and i'll share mine.

Settings: Vanilla Pro. I always start on Pro to get used to the nuances of the new version, then bump up to all-pro. I recreated the roster cuts, and simmed up to the Jets preseason game.

Observation #1 Bradford gets minor injury on his 3rd series. And out for the game. This folks, might be a true-to-life-harbinger.

Observation #2 The receivers are terrible at securing the ball. Bradford gets the ball to them on a dime and they can't hold on to it. Ertz is ok. Matthews is so-so. Everyone else always gets the ball stripped unless they are wide open.

Observation #3 Against the Dirty Birds, I cant tell if Ryan and WR corps are that good, or the new Eagles secondary is that bad, but Ryan ended up throwing for over 75% completion and 3 TDs. I used a mix of zone and man, blitzing Graham, Kendricks at times, Barwin, press coverage, loose coverage. I guess a great QB is just that.

Observation #4 The 4-headed running back monster (and not Bradford) won the game for me, as I ran a mix of Shotgun hurry-up, and singleback formations. Its just not fair bringing in a good fresh back every other down. MUAHAHA

Share your Eagles tips below!
Do you play online h2h as well with the Eagles? Like you mentioned, the run game makes or break my success. Being able to alternate between Murray, Matthews, Sproles and even Barner is deadly. Barner's speed actually won me a close online game yesterday after he broke a 30-yard run to set up a game winning FG. I put him and Sproles as my kick returners. Do you have Ertz or Celek as your starter?
Old 09-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play mostly head to head games and always as the eagles, so far this year I have been plagued with drops and wild overthrows on simple routes. I am at the point I am hesitant to pass the ball anymore. Luckily I do most of my damage with the run and screen passes.

Just need a roster update, bradford is deserving of mid 80s IMO, but i get it that he hasnt played in awhile
Old 09-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #4

atom27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
Do you play online h2h as well with the Eagles? Like you mentioned, the run game makes or break my success. Being able to alternate between Murray, Matthews, Sproles and even Barner is deadly. Barner's speed actually won me a close online game yesterday after he broke a 30-yard run to set up a game winning FG. I put him and Sproles as my kick returners. Do you have Ertz or Celek as your starter?
Im just playin cfm until my 10hrs of ea access is up.. $$ is tight, plus im not tryin to get burned out to quick like i did last year ;P

I use Ertz, but I only see him in the singleback formations, because celek is my extra passblocker in the shotgun. Usually when i go to singleback its to run or pass to Ertz exclusively. Its worked well so far
Old 09-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #5

atom27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
I play mostly head to head games and always as the eagles, so far this year I have been plagued with drops and wild overthrows on simple routes. I am at the point I am hesitant to pass the ball anymore. Luckily I do most of my damage with the run and screen passes.

Just need a roster update, bradford is deserving of mid 80s IMO, but i get it that he hasnt played in awhile
Yeah, we'll see. They dont want to be too hasty with the stats. Remember how quick they changed Shady last year?

Anyway, im staying my hand from "doing the deal" for Mariota right now XD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

As a lifelong South Philly boy, I'm looking forward to running my first Madden franchise(now CFM) since the PS2 days, with the Eagles of course. I've been trying to limit my time with the game until the patch drops because I want it to feel as fresh as possible when I start. I gotta say, I'm ready to go. Time to end the 55 year drought!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Huge Eagles fan here. I pretty much only use them for CFM.

I've been using armor and swords sliders.

Let me just say, injuries are out of control ( off the chain ?).

Jason peters out for 13 weeks , preseason week 4 injury due to simming

Things went fine until week 6 (I was 4-1) playing the 0-5 giants. Well in this game:

Bradford out 6 weeks, broken hand.

Two quarters later, Sanchez out 8 weeks, herniated disk. One quarter later, Murray out 5 weeks twisted knee.

Tebow finishes out the game, which was close until all those injuries. I end up losing 35-13. (Simmed the last Q and had the Giants score 17 points...I hate the sim function)

I've got to turn the injuries down...I sure hope this isn't foreshadowing , lol
Old 09-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #8

atom27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
As a lifelong South Philly boy, I'm looking forward to running my first Madden franchise(now CFM) since the PS2 days, with the Eagles of course. I've been trying to limit my time with the game until the patch drops because I want it to feel as fresh as possible when I start. I gotta say, I'm ready to go. Time to end the 55 year drought!
Are you just playin MUT? Practice mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »