Home

Old 09-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #57
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Drag Routes Always Open?

Commit could change the way Madden is played if done right....football teams gain huge advantages (though not absolute ones) when they know whats coming and can prepare for it competently. You break the game when you allow people to guess wrong and reap benefits--this is basic stuff. Doing that goes against everything that is strategy-based. That dude couldn't score against me in 10 qtrs lol.

why even have Commit in the game if it doesn't work right?

here's the video, judge for yourself. play at the 4:45 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVVGGvfrw8

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-15-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
thats just the thing...he didn't ignore the commit call. he run blitzed but magically warped back to my WR when I threw the ball. But to be fair, now we know how to make CBs play with inside leverage, so thats a start.

YAY.

and for the record...when u commit to run, your CBs leave their man assignments and blitz. which should never happen. EVER. Front 7? ok fine. maybe even throw in a safety or two...but no coordinator in the history of football leaves a WR uncovered.
You have video of the bold? I'd like to see him warping back. I'm not saying madden hasn't had its set of warping/sliding issues. I think you crying "the sky is falling" on this one.

Now about the corners leaving man coverage to blitz, I've never noticed but will check tonight. I believe they might sit at the line of scrimmage a second reading the run before their awareness switches back to pass coverage but I doubt they are switched to a blitz assignment. I'll double check though.

Phobia Twitter - Follow Me
Old 09-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Commit could change the way Madden is played if done right....football teams gain huge advantages (though not absolute ones) when they know whats coming and can prepare for it competently. You break the game when you allow people to guess wrong and reap benefits--this is basic stuff. Doing that goes against everything that is strategy-based. That dude couldn't score against me in 10 qtrs lol.

why even have Commit in the game if it doesn't work right?

here's the video, judge for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVVGGvfrw8
What time is the play at?

Old 09-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Found it!

First, for sure no warping went on. CB ran forward, planted, and ran back. You were unlucky enough to have a little 2 yard hitch called on that side which put his CB in perfect position to recover for it.

Second, I never noticed this about the run commit and its TERRIBLE!!! If this is how the run commit causes the defense to react then yes it needs to be adjusted big time. Thanks for showing that.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #61
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

planted?? LOL! suuuure he did. well atleast now everyone knows how to shade inside......*sarcasm*

last time: front 7 come up on run commit? sure. safety? perhaps. CBs in man coverage? CAN NEVER HAPPEN.

EVER.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
planted?? LOL! suuuure he did. well atleast now everyone knows how to shade inside......*sarcasm*

last time: front 7 come up on run commit? sure. safety? perhaps. CBs in man coverage? CAN NEVER HAPPEN.

EVER.
I don't know how you can explain it anyway else, he does a quick chop with his legs like he slowing down, plants, then runs other direction.

Play is at 4:40 if anyone else wants to view it.

I don't have a problem with the interception. I do have a problem with what run commit is doing to the defenders. It is not my idea of how run commit should act.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Madden_NFL_16_20150915112236.gif (1.24 MB, 79 views)

Last edited by Phobia; 09-15-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 1

CB looked fine. Yeah run commit has been broken like that since it was implemented.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:43 PM   #64
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
CB looked fine. Yeah run commit has been broken like that since it was implemented.
i doubt that. guy leaves the WR runs about 5 yards THEN stops on a dime, sprints back for the pick and doesnt even have to dive? lol....seems legit.

at a basic level you dont get to commit to run AND play the pass. again--this is basic 'dime defenses aren't designed to stop the run' stuff. If that corner's in man and jumps the route? cool. leaving his man and sprinting back? #notsomuch

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-15-2015 at 04:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »