Home

All the catches made last night when a reciever got hit immediately after...

This is a discussion on All the catches made last night when a reciever got hit immediately after... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
All the catches made last night when a reciever got hit immediately after...

would have been dropped in h2h online. I feel there are too many dropped passes because the receiver cant hold on after a hit. I saw a lot of good hits last night watching the PAts and Steelers, and small recievers like Edelman held on just fine. I swear those dropped passes give me grey hairs!Inb4 no one else has this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: All the catches made last night when a reciever got hit immediately after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
would have been dropped in h2h online. I feel there are too many dropped passes because the receiver cant hold on after a hit. I saw a lot of good hits last night watching the PAts and Steelers, and small recievers like Edelman held on just fine. I swear those dropped passes give me grey hairs!Inb4 no one else has this problem.
I just think it depends on who you throw to and their ratings. As Carolina Kelvin Benjamin rarely drops passes on contact so he's usually my read first. Funchess, Brown, and Ginn have 80, 79, and 76 catch and they are all 79 < CIT so I'd expect drops from them.

Olsen, and Cotchery when used rarely drop on contact as well, and this is on All-Madden (47 catch slider), but they but have high CIT.

I'm not sure who you're using but try to locate the receivers with the most CIT when you have tight coverage, also on deepr passes like, digs, and posts where a LB/S is waiting to lay you down, use "A" to possession catch and the receiver will attempt to catch while falling to avoid contact that will jar the ball loose.

That is how I protect Funchess, he's 6'4" with 80 catch, and 75 CIT, so he's a pass friendly target downfield, but the CIT leaves opportunity for drops on contact, so I almost always try to possession catch with him when there's little separation.

Hope that helps you out.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 09-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All the catches made last night when a reciever got hit immediately after...

There is a really low overall WR on the Titans I think his name is Jones, that can get hit on two sides while up in the air and he still comes down with the ball more times than not.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
actually this is one of the things that EA did better this year. Before Zones are pointless now being really close and hit the WR as soon as he catch give you a chance to do a play. beside it makes WR catching and CIT rating matter. Not all WR are the same.

So no, i´m not having tseeing this as an issue, i see i as a good football desgin.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #5
Rookie

wundrbread33's Arena

OVR: 1

Me and a buddy on mine play online head to head All-Madden, and Benjamin drops almost every pass in traffic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #6
Pro

moshwithnickko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
actually this is one of the things that EA did better this year. Before Zones are pointless now being really close and hit the WR as soon as he catch give you a chance to do a play. beside it makes WR catching and CIT rating matter. Not all WR are the same.

So no, i´m not having tseeing this as an issue, i see i as a good football desgin.
I see a significant difference in human wr dropped passes after hit vs CPU rarely dropping anything after being hit.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshwithnickko
I see a significant difference in human wr dropped passes after hit vs CPU rarely dropping anything after being hit.

I agree with this. I still have a hit-stick habit that I am trying to break but I do land some good hits on the CPU receiver sometimes and most of the time the CPU receiver seems to hold onto the ball. He will drop it some but not as much as my receivers do.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #8
Rookie

The leaders in the NFL in drops last year had 10 (three WRs tied) over 16 games. Yes, if you want realistic play the WRs drop the ball a bit to much. That said, I'm kind of liking it. As I play QB I really have to work to not get my WRs killed to make sure they do get to catch it and not get hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »