Home

Unrealistic Sim Stats (2nd String HBs)

This is a discussion on Unrealistic Sim Stats (2nd String HBs) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 03:38 AM   #9
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Unrealistic Sim Stats (2nd String HBs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
The first word that comes into my mind is "barf". I am sadly getting to the point of hopelessness. I just feel like Franchise mode is so low on the list of priorities at EA that I doubt they will ever get it right. It's so incredibly disheartening to come to that realization. If you would have told me 10 years ago that this would be the Franchise mode that we would have in 2015 I would have laughed in your face and probably kicked you out of my house. Seriously, who would have thought there would have been such a lack of progress over the last 10 years? It's honestly mind-boggling and confusing. Where did it all go so wrong? I hope I'm just overreacting and a magic fix is coming.
I think they have the right people there now to get it worked out in the next couple years.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:20 AM   #10
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Alright went through 5 test sims. I tracked Rushing and Passing Touchdowns. FG Made / Attempted and Total Points. As well as the team with the most Rushing Touchdowns and team with 20+ Rushing Touchdows. Here are the results.

The real life 2014 season there were 380 Rushing Touchdowns (11.9 Per Team), 807 Passing Touchdows (25.2 Per Team), 829 FG Made (25.9 Per Team) 987 FG Attempted (30.8 Per Team), 11,565 Total Points (361.4 Per Team). Seahawks had 20 Rushing Touchdowns and were the only team to score 20+.

My 5 sims had an AVG of 625 Rushing Touchdowns (19.5 Per Team), 803 Passing Touchdowns (25.1 Per Team), 749 FG Made (23.4 Per Team), 878 FG Attempted (27.4 Per Team), 12,750 Total Points (398.4 Per Team). The team with the most Rushing Touchdowns had 33.4 on AVG. And there were 14.8 teams with 20+ Rushing Touchdowns.

Hello college stats.

So on AVG there were 245 more Rushing Touchdowns, 3.2 less Passing Touchdowns (pretty damn good there), 80 less FG made, 109 less FG attempted, and 1,185.2 more Total Points.

Clearly we have an issue. Teams are passing pretty much perfectly. Field Goals are low but not any where close enough to make up for the amount of Rushing Touchdowns.

Seems like something that MIGHT be able to fixed with a tuner. But what the hell do you even fix there? You dont screw with passing at all. Are teams just getting to many possessions per game? Need some more testing on a few things. Hopefully we can figure it out.

This was done offline controlling just one team. 32 team seems to fix all those confidence issues so ill try a 32 team sim when i wake up see if it makes any difference at all.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 09-12-2015 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:43 AM   #11
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Alright went through 5 test sims. I tracked Rushing and Passing Touchdowns. FG Made / Attempted and Total Points. As well as the team with the most Rushing Touchdowns and team with 20+ Rushing Touchdows. Here are the results.

The real life 2014 season there were 380 Rushing Touchdowns (11.9 Per Team), 807 Passing Touchdows (25.2 Per Team), 829 FG Made (25.9 Per Team) 987 FG Attempted (30.8 Per Team), 11,565 Total Points (361.4 Per Team). Seahawks had 20 Rushing Touchdowns and were the only team to score 20+.

My 5 sims had an AVG of 625 Rushing Touchdowns (19.5 Per Team), 803 Passing Touchdowns (25.1 Per Team), 749 FG Made (23.4 Per Team), 878 FG Attempted (27.4 Per Team), 12,750 Total Points (398.4 Per Team). The team with the most Rushing Touchdowns had 33.4 on AVG. And there were 14.8 teams with 20+ Rushing Touchdowns.

Hello college stats.

So on AVG there were 245 more Rushing Touchdowns, 3.2 less Passing Touchdowns (pretty damn good there), 80 less FG made, 109 less FG attempted, and 1,185.2 more Total Points.

Clearly we have an issue. Teams are passing pretty much perfectly. Field Goals are low but not any where close enough to make up for the amount of Rushing Touchdowns.

Seems like something that MIGHT be able to fixed with a tuner. But what the hell do you even fix there? You dont screw with passing at all. Are teams just getting to many possessions per game? Need some more testing on a few things. Hopefully we can figure it out.
Did you happen to check Def TD's scored? Your sim v real life, that could be part of the problem/solution. Either way, it just seems that the run game is strangely overused. I wonder if the sim engine is some how "doubling down" on RB stats. For instance, RB1 is supposed to be the one running (earning stats) but it's giving the stats to both RB1 and RB2, or vis versa. The sim stats seem to be all over the board again this year (other than passing). In regards to passing, from the sims I've done and what others have posted, do the INTs seem a bit high to you? Also, I haven't checked up on the "LT/RT giving up sacks equaling to regression" status after the patch and "new roster". Is that still all messed up?

With all these issues in Franchise mode, it's making me think the worst. My biggest fear with all these issues is that they will just give up trying to fix it this year after trying to fix it for the next few months and we will get stuck "hoping and waiting" that it will be fixed properly next year. I have played and owned every Madden since the very first one, but I will say this. If they don't fix it this year, I refuse to buy it next year, flat out. I had also been buying and playing FIFA every year since 08. I had access to the closed Beta last month and Career mode was also completely ignored on it too. You think people complain about issues and problems on Madden... don't even get me started on the lack of depth on FIFA Career. The player editing on FIFA is so bugged it's comical, but I don't want to get sidetracked. The point I'm making is this, it seems that EA is doing like an 80%(UT/online)/20%(Franchise/Career Mode) if that, in regards to attention and resources utilized. I get that UT for EA is a huge money maker and for some it can be a great deal of fun. It just leaves out the Franchise junkies and what we crave, an in depth and immersive Franchise like experience.

Thanks for the research and I will keep taps on what you come up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 04:51 AM   #12
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Did you happen to check Def TD's scored? Your sim v real life, that could be part of the problem/solution. Either way, it just seems that the run game is strangely overused. I wonder if the sim engine is some how "doubling down" on RB stats. For instance, RB1 is supposed to be the one running (earning stats) but it's giving the stats to both RB1 and RB2, or vis versa. The sim stats seem to be all over the board again this year (other than passing). In regards to passing, from the sims I've done and what others have posted, do the INTs seem a bit high to you? Also, I haven't checked up on the "LT/RT giving up sacks equaling to regression" status after the patch and "new roster". Is that still all messed up?

With all these issues in Franchise mode, it's making me think the worst. My biggest fear with all these issues is that they will just give up trying to fix it this year after trying to fix it for the next few months and we will get stuck "hoping and waiting" that it will be fixed properly next year. I have played and owned every Madden since the very first one, but I will say this. If they don't fix it this year, I refuse to buy it next year, flat out. I had also been buying and playing FIFA every year since 08. I had access to the closed Beta last month and Career mode was also completely ignored on it too. You think people complain about issues and problems on Madden... don't even get me started on the lack of depth on FIFA Career. The player editing on FIFA is so bugged it's comical, but I don't want to get sidetracked. The point I'm making is this, it seems that EA is doing like an 80%(UT/online)/20%(Franchise/Career Mode) if that, in regards to attention and resources utilized. I get that UT for EA is a huge money maker and for some it can be a great deal of fun. It just leaves out the Franchise junkies and what we crave, an in depth and immersive Franchise like experience.

Thanks for the research and I will keep taps on what you come up with.
I didnt check Defensive TD. I thought about that after i was done and plan on doing so tomorrow as well as return touchdowns.

INT's did seem high. Linebackers were getting a lot more than they did in real life. Was the same last year so i edited all LB to have no more than 65 catching and the ones i needed to edited to get down to that i also changed their play ball in air down from Aggressive to Balanced or Balanced to Conservative. And i lowered all DB to no more than 80 catching. Getting pretty good numbers from that.

LT/RT issues i really havent looked into to much. I did check LT sacks allowed at one point and they were pretty high. Its still an issue from what i hear.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:39 AM   #13
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Can somebody PLEASE tweet Rex this information please. This is a HUGE issue and should be enough to get their attention. Thank you
Old 09-12-2015, 06:44 AM   #14
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Sorry for double post. I don't believe them tuning their Sim engine too meet Sim standard for rushing attempts and touchdowns should be a huge mountain to climb. I have complete faith this is fixed in the near future with the proper support from the OS community and recognition from the developers. So again, please bring this issue to Rex. I really like that guy. Ty
Old 09-12-2015, 07:03 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
Can somebody PLEASE tweet Rex this information please. This is a HUGE issue and should be enough to get their attention. Thank you
How is this a "HUGE" issue? If you don't mind me asking. Seems like more of an eye sore for some. I miss the days irl of running backs being focal points and getting a healthy amount of tds. I would rather see the cpu pass defense be tweaked so I don't have to have user acc at 5 and catching at 30 on all madden just to get competitive games.... Screw simulated game stats from games I'm not playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #16
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
Yeah, hopefully if the crux of the issue can be pinpointed then it could just be a simple fix or tweak on their part. I would contact him myself, but I don't really use Twitter much, although I do have an account that I hardly use. Perhaps someone with a strong standing relationship with Rex or one of the guys at EA could pass the problem and the information we have along.

To me sim stats are pretty important. I do tend to sim quite a few games in my offline franchise, even for my own team. I enjoy playing the big games and/or the playoffs. They are one of my biggest OCD type pet peeves when it comes to franchise. To me and I'm sure a lot of others, seeing stats for RB's, OL, D, etc so broken would completely ruin any fun factor for me. So yeah, this stuff is pretty damn important and it really needs to be fixed, along with quite a few other things ASAP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »