Home

Unrealistic Sim Stats (2nd String HBs)

This is a discussion on Unrealistic Sim Stats (2nd String HBs) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Unrealistic Sim Stats (2nd String HBs)

It's absolutely true because I see in in my player CFM when playing QB. Demarco Murray would carry the load all the way up to the goal line and because of fatigue they'd sub darren sproles in who would run it in for a TD
Old 09-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #18
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilendil
How is this a "HUGE" issue? If you don't mind me asking. Seems like
more of an eye sore for some. I miss the days irl of running backs being focal points and getting a healthy amount of tds. I would rather see the cpu pass defense be tweaked so I don't have to have user acc at 5 and catching at 30 on all madden just to get competitive games.... Screw simulated game stats from games I'm not playing.
It's okay if you don't think 1,185 more points being scored in madden compared to real life is a problem. But if anyone else claims to really care about Sim football and doesn't see how that is a "HUGE" issue then I would be left scathing my head. Yeah?

So my question to you is. Why are you trying to void my concern I expressed in a Sim related topic of discussion if you don't care about Sim football?

Last edited by Dwaresacksqb; 09-12-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
It's okay if you don't think 1,185 more points being scored in madden compared to real life is a problem. But if anyone else claims to really care about Sim football and doesn't see how that is a "HUGE" issue then I would be left scathing my head. Yeah?

So my question to you is. Why are you trying to void my concern I expressed in a Sim related topic of discussion if you don't care about Sim football?
Pretty sure I typed out simulated game stats... Not sim football. Anyway, was just asking why it matters SO much. I love having realistic stats, it is imperative. Unfortunately I can only control what my team does. I just feel there are other bigger issues like passing defense and ratings for cfm drafted rookies vs the front end vets. Especially for speed. I get that over the last 8-10 years running backs have got considerably less tds. Imo these kind of stats are refreshing cause once again I can't control them and I'd rather see that than the 10 rush tds and 26 pass tds leading the league like madden 15 before the fixed that.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #20
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilendil
Pretty sure I typed out simulated game stats... Not sim football. Anyway, was just asking why it matters SO much. I love having realistic stats, it is imperative. Unfortunately I can only control what my team does. I just feel there are other bigger issues like passing defense and ratings for cfm drafted rookies vs the front end vets. Especially for speed. I get that over the last 8-10 years running backs have got considerably less tds. Imo these kind of stats are refreshing cause once again I can't control them and I'd rather see that than the 10 rush tds and 26 pass tds leading the league like madden 15 before the fixed that.
Disagree completely. Maybe if the rushing TD were taking away from passing TD but they arent. Teams are literally scoring 2 or 3 times as many rushing TD as in real life. And still passing perfect. Teams are constantly setting team rushing TD records. Its ridiculous.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #21
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the problem is the simmed games in CFM have way too many plays per game. Usually around 140-150. That would explain the inflated rushing stats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #22
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
I think the problem is the simmed games in CFM have way too many plays per game. Usually around 140-150. That would explain the inflated rushing stats
I havent check individual game stats. But used to that was only a problem with super simmed games.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:07 AM   #23
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
That's interesting.

There should only be around 120-130 on average.

These TD totals really do seem high, has anyone sent this to Rex or Kolbe?
Old 09-14-2015, 06:25 AM   #24
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

I'm bordering on certain that no one at EA will find this to be broken and/or a priority to fix. Let's recap:

1.) Last year passing #'s were too low so people groaned and they fixed them, so it seemed.
2.) After they patched passing sim stats, the amount of sacks from the sim engine were downright broken and atrocious. League leaders sometimes had 7-9 a season, probably a 40-50% drop from real life. Was this ever fixed? No.
3.) The RB stats last year were very similar to this year. 2nd string backs routinely scored 10+ TD even if they only touched the ball 70-100 times. Everyone had a "goal line" back based on the sim engine. This was never tuned and seems basically the same as last year.
4.) Quoting real-life NFL statistics to EA will be met with no response. They have never shown any predilection to load CFM with realistic sim data or to go with some median ranges for amounts of plays, yards, points, or TD's based on what really happens in the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »