Home

So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhauled?

This is a discussion on So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhauled? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #17
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhau

For me, anything that drives a user towards individual goals/accomplishments in a team game such as football is inherently flawed from the off. Add to that the random way in which its used, and you get what you have now, a complete and utter mess.
Player progression IMO should be driven by potential only, set a hidden range and have a certain percentage fall within said range. Add in bust and breakout potential for a small percentage and call it a day.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhau

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
For me, anything that drives a user towards individual goals/accomplishments in a team game such as football is inherently flawed from the off. Add to that the random way in which its used, and you get what you have now, a complete and utter mess.
Player progression IMO should be driven by potential only, set a hidden range and have a certain percentage fall within said range. Add in bust and breakout potential for a small percentage and call it a day.
This + 1

I have only goal on any drive. That's to either drive down the field and score or stop the opposition when I'm on defence. Dynamic drives goals are completely pointless and unrealistic.

The whole XP based on stats progression mechanism is complete nonsense and only caters for people who think World Of Warcraft/Dungeons and Dragons is how the real world works.

Bring back potential and meaningful balanced weekly training mechanisms which is how players get better in the real world and get rid of this unholy mess of XP.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsart2
Better yet, eliminated altogether. Let's just call a bad idea, a bad idea.
This.(10char)
Old 09-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #20
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Love the concept, as real coaches do have team goals for the drive i.e protect the ball, get a first down, get a turnover, etc.

Just needs to be implemented better.

HOWEVER, If they did eliminate individual drive goals, I know for a fact that we would be tired of seeing the same 5-10 goals a game for a team. As opposed to different players with goals.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #21
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Love the concept, as real coaches do have team goals for the drive i.e protect the ball, get a first down, get a turnover, etc.

HOWEVER, If they did eliminate individual drive goals, I know for a fact that we would be tired of seeing the same 5-10 goals a game for a team. As opposed to different players with goals.
Not me, I wouldn't mind if there were no goals, or better yet just one. Win. Winning is the name of the game. Players in the real world progress/get better through practice, and film study. Success/statistics are the result of the work put in from Tuesday to Saturday, this game has it backwards.
Now listen I get its a video game and folks want more to do in between games in a CFM setting, and I'm OK with how FIFA 16 is going about it, using training sessions BETWEEN games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619

I disagree, I was fine without the goals in the first place, so I'd be fine seeing the same 5-10 goals if none of them encouraged unrealistic statpadding-like play.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #23
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Dynamic drive goal can be disable by the workaround we share in many threads. Confidence as a whole can't be disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so user/cpu are both working off of just playing well/badly in game for confidence changes with this?
Old 09-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #24
Rookie

Firestarter333's Arena

Drive goals should be situational (or random) only and not every drive, sort of like a chance for bonus xp/cfd. This would keep it completely optional and realistic. Problem is game prep used to be used to make yur starters better or backups starter worthey. But now game prep is useless and it's a simply a waste of time so we are forced to chase weekly/drive goals to earn XP. Feels like I'm playing fantasy football instead of actual football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »