Home

So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhauled?

This is a discussion on So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhauled? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 12:57 PM   #49
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhau

There is only one drive goal in a real football game - to score a touchdown. And the defense's goal is to stop the offence from scoring. Period. No one cares about getting X number of sacks or getting Y number of rushing yards.

I wish there was an option to turn this garbage off just like with the vision cone years back.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhau

It would be better if you had to score/not allow a score too complete any drive goal. For example, Don't Allow a Sack and Score At Least a FG. Or Hold the Offense Under 40 Yards Rushing and Don't Give Up a TD.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #51
Rookie

King Cardinal's Arena

OVR: 1

Here's my suggestion on fixing the drive goals:

1. I would do it based on the situation (Offense: score points /Defense: Prevent a touchdown, etc). This will free up the user from doing something ridiculous and promote realistic play.

2. The goals like X number of catches (and etc.) should be gone and instead be replaced by a game goal for players (have over 100 yards by Antonio Brown or 2 sacks with Suh and etc.) that will last the whole game (will be shown on the pause screen to remind you). That way, it encourages realistic play but at the same time, you might get a bonus if you complete the game goal (extra xp)

3. Decrease the amount of XP generated by the goals and use those extra xp into the Game Prep (like last year).

4. Have a like a bonus (or optional) goal(Main goal would be prevent a touchdown but the the bonus would be like force a turnover). So if you just complete the main goal but didn't get the bonus, there would be no penalty for not getting the second goal (just missing out on the extra xp).

5. Also have team goals (hold your opponent under 300 yards passing and score over 30 points, etc.) that have a similar function to the player goals (that will last the whole games). Also like the player goals, there would be no penalty for not completing them.

6. Finally, If you fail the main goal, you will lose confidence to make the goals essential for CFM.

Tell me what you think about the ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cardinal
Here's my suggestion on fixing the drive goals:

1. I would do it based on the situation (Offense: score points /Defense: Prevent a touchdown, etc). This will free up the user from doing something ridiculous and promote realistic play.

2. The goals like X number of catches (and etc.) should be gone and instead be replaced by a game goal for players (have over 100 yards by Antonio Brown or 2 sacks with Suh and etc.) that will last the whole game (will be shown on the pause screen to remind you). That way, it encourages realistic play but at the same time, you might get a bonus if you complete the game goal (extra xp)

3. Decrease the amount of XP generated by the goals and use those extra xp into the Game Prep (like last year).

4. Have a like a bonus (or optional) goal(Main goal would be prevent a touchdown but the the bonus would be like force a turnover). So if you just complete the main goal but didn't get the bonus, there would be no penalty for not getting the second goal (just missing out on the extra xp).

5. Also have team goals (hold your opponent under 300 yards passing and score over 30 points, etc.) that have a similar function to the player goals (that will last the whole games). Also like the player goals, there would be no penalty for not completing them.

6. Finally, If you fail the main goal, you will lose confidence to make the goals essential for CFM.

Tell me what you think about the ideas.
I like the idea of separating out those really specific goals like get yards with a receiver or get 2 sacks with a player into game goals. However I'd go further and say they shouldn't focus on a specific player. Like if I get 100 yards with Antonio Brown or any other receiver it shouldn't matter; just getting the 100 yards with anyone is the goal. And making those really rare defensive goals like get a turnover "bonuses" sounds good too, because that's what stuff like that actually are on a defensive drive, bonuses that would be good to have.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #53
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Do whatever you want but give us the option to turn this Off.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #54
Rookie

I'm not trying to be smart or an ahole, but if you just ignore the drive goals and play, are you still seeing the confidence increases? I've played a little bit and by ignoring the goals, I was only getting 1 or 2 points of confidence increase for the players. I'm only asking because their is so much info out there.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:36 AM   #55
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef407
I'm not trying to be smart or an ahole, but if you just ignore the drive goals and play, are you still seeing the confidence increases? I've played a little bit and by ignoring the goals, I was only getting 1 or 2 points of confidence increase for the players. I'm only asking because their is so much info out there.
Really depends on how you play. You could complete enough of them just incidentally playing the game as you normally do and end up with players with +5 to +8 confidence after one game. Or you could not hit any at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
There is only one drive goal in a real football game - to score a touchdown. And the defense's goal is to stop the offence from scoring. Period. No one cares about getting X number of sacks or getting Y number of rushing yards.

I wish there was an option to turn this garbage off just like with the vision cone years back.
Couldn't agree more.

If not for Booker21s from workaround I was ready to scrap the game. (Making each teams coach you play human controlled and then retiring them after the game)

Now I am nearly complete with my first season and thouroughly enjoying the very much improved gameplay.

I truly wish EA realized they would make things so much better for consumers and easier on themselves by giving the user more control.
Most of these issues could be dealt with by giving us the ability to turn things off/on and/or edit players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »