Home

Pass Blocking/Rushing is Terrible in Madden16

This is a discussion on Pass Blocking/Rushing is Terrible in Madden16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #25
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Blocking/Rushing is Terrible in Madden16

The OP is a crybaby that doesn't want to learn how to play the game...(I Know this post is not constructive, but I believe it meets the level of the OP)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 08:31 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
As an OL coach, I've been forced to completely ignore line play and take Madden for what it is - just a game.

For the lucky ones that don't have an advanced grasp of line play, I'll give you an example that should clarify the source of frustration:

Imagine that on every pass route the Receiver and Defensive back just jumbled together and you had to wait for a button pressing minigame(QTE) to determine if the DB kept his blanket coverage, or if the WR was suddenly wide open. The routes would also be limited to short or long, and the mini game would decide the rest.

That is exactly what's happening with line play all game in Madden 16(and previous years). You would also have to include DB's getting confused by trips and standing still as receivers ran right by them uncovered.

Honestly, it's atrocious, but I also understand that something like 1% of customers actually care about line play, so I get it.

If you're talking about getting more realistic, I would rather see them implement package plays(pass-option) and pattern matching coverage on defense.
Blocking is a fundamental element of football, customers should not dictate something so basic.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #27
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Blocking is a fundamental element of football, customers should not dictate something so basic.
So you are debating a mere reality pocket to graphic representative of how Madden presents it?

The game isn't perfect but it does have it's correct football fundamentals..If the "Mike" does not rush the guard and center double team the NT or a DT; that is a good replication..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 09-13-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
So you are debating a mere reality pocket to graphic representative of how Madden presents it?

The game isn't perfect but it does have it's correct football fundamentals..If the "Mike" does not rush the guard and center double team the NT or a DT; that is a good replication..
Another football video game from a decade ago has already done it better and more realistic, how about they work on getting it to that level first.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #29
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Another football video game from a decade ago has already done it better and more realistic, how about they work on getting it to that level first.
You will need to expand - I don't know what game you are talking of or what you believe is correct blocking...How many years did you play LT in the NFL?
Old 09-13-2015, 10:59 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
This better be overhauled in Madden 17 or I will not buy the game until pass blocking and line play in general is overhauled. Why can't offensive linemen turn their hips, this is unacceptable for a sports game in 2015!!

https://youtu.be/7q5iteGgknM

All the gamers need is a choice, very unfortunate that Madden is still the only current pro license football game on the market. When there was other titles it benefited the gamers, now it's a "Take It" or "Leave it" option........
Old 09-14-2015, 12:11 AM   #31
Rookie

Fours's Arena

Quote:
Other fundamental elements that are poorly represented in Madden:

Receiver releases
DB man technique(including release denial)
Tackling, both form and hip drive
Defensive gap integrity
Defensive gap assignments
Defensive gap alignments(an inside shade has no bearing on the defenders ability to protect that gap, the OL can morph through him for position)
man blacking vs zone blocking systems

And we can lower our expectations further to include:

Throwing mechanics - as in the ball coming out of the QB's hand as if he threw it
Standing up straight
Not dying for 5 seconds after every play

I'm sure there's more, but the point is that it's a game, and everything in the game is only there for the purpose of creating a fun football simulation(not emulation). Not game film you can teach with. Line play is atrocious.. so what? It roughly simulates pressure and generally recreates what you watch on TV. Real line play is incredibly fluid, and there are dozens of physical interactions with cascading side effects on each play.. If the developers put the time in to make line play great, it might be the only feature in the game.

I just relax and have fun, it's a video game, and a very good one at that. If you're dying for ultra-realism pick up a coaching gig and yell at your players for doing unrealistic things.

Or just keep complaining, there's always a future in complaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 12:59 AM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
And the agenda behind the new account becomes clear.

Line play is a deficiency for sure, but it is significantly better than it's been. Hopefully it continues to improve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »