Home

House rules, no user catch

This is a discussion on House rules, no user catch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: House rules, no user catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
I switch to one guy after i kick on kick offs, I run the ball, and i control my player after they have made the catch. They still perform the catch animations, you just dont choose it. If my 3rd string tight end has a spectactlur catch rating of 42, i shouldnt catch a ball when pressing Y, and you see that sometimes without house rules. All personal preference man. I play no house rules too just to keep my skills up when i play friends and online leagues, but if im doing a solo franchise house rules are fun.
I understand and I'm not bashing them rules, I just don't understand why it's just catching? Any player you play has your awareness, do you have any idea how many players on defense you use and because you them they are better because the awareness is no longer average or below? So the sack you get using an athletic DE or DT might not happy with the computer using him, so I just don't understand why it's only catches?
Old 09-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My personal opinion - I think the game is designed to encourage as much user interaction / influence over the outcomes of interactions as possible, particularly with the new catching controls in this year's game. So I suppose that would put me in the "user catching" camp.

That said, play the game however you want to play it, there isn't a right or wrong answer here.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:10 PM   #11
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it was a bigger issue in years past where if you user caught you could high point the ball, but the CPU defensive backs would never high point the ball so it wasn't balanced. That's not the case with this year though, so I don't think there's any reason to disallow it any more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

For me it's not even House Rules. I'm better than the CPU at running with ball(any player), and controlling a DLineman, everything else the CPU is better than me so I let them make plays that I definitely can't make.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »