Home

LT / QB / Sacks

This is a discussion on LT / QB / Sacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 05:59 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: LT / QB / Sacks

Yeah as I thought, Foles upped to 99 AWR reigns in his sack total, not massively... but we are looking at 29, 30, 28. In the main roughly 10 or so less than he normally takes when at 78 AWR.

Relating to that, his LT allowed 8,11,9 sacks per season. Again, its come down in comparison, but is still probably to high for the sim.

Interestingly he lost on average -2 AWR points per sim.. so whether this degradation then impacts later seasons idk.

The problem is, do these changes like Sense Pressure affect the actal on field gameplay for when we play against a team that the QB has been edited?

However as we are waiting for a patch and if you want to reign in the LT regression, then id definitely suggest changing:

QB Sense Pressure to IDEAL (and if im honest id probably leave those that are TRIGGER HAPPY as they are).

You could change the LT HIGH MOTOR to YES, its probably just placebo and nothing major, but Robinson for example did have some better years with it on.... so thats either or.

QB AWR, although I think it helps a touch, it could well ruin the sack total numbers if all QBs changed and if im honest, I doubt it would really be that much benefit to halt regression as such.

-----

At least when QBs are set to ideal, the sack total sim number remains acceptable, the LTs who allowed over 10+ sacks per season came in at around 13 per sim.... of which on average 6 would progress, 1 would stay the same and 6 would regress in PBK, but not to the extent that they become an in game scrub.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:35 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrother
Yeah as I thought, Foles upped to 99 AWR reigns in his sack total, not massively... but we are looking at 29, 30, 28. In the main roughly 10 or so less than he normally takes when at 78 AWR.

Relating to that, his LT allowed 8,11,9 sacks per season. Again, its come down in comparison, but is still probably to high for the sim.

Interestingly he lost on average -2 AWR points per sim.. so whether this degradation then impacts later seasons idk.

The problem is, do these changes like Sense Pressure affect the actal on field gameplay for when we play against a team that the QB has been edited?

However as we are waiting for a patch and if you want to reign in the LT regression, then id definitely suggest changing:

QB Sense Pressure to IDEAL (and if im honest id probably leave those that are TRIGGER HAPPY as they are).

You could change the LT HIGH MOTOR to YES, its probably just placebo and nothing major, but Robinson for example did have some better years with it on.... so thats either or.

QB AWR, although I think it helps a touch, it could well ruin the sack total numbers if all QBs changed and if im honest, I doubt it would really be that much benefit to halt regression as such.

-----

At least when QBs are set to ideal, the sack total sim number remains acceptable, the LTs who allowed over 10+ sacks per season came in at around 13 per sim.... of which on average 6 would progress, 1 would stay the same and 6 would regress in PBK, but not to the extent that they become an in game scrub.
To the bolded, and this is obviously an unintentional result from EA, that dynamic actually represents the real NFL quite well, not only for LT but for most positions... There's always a few drastic drop-offs in quality of play from year to year.

Matt Kalil from year 1 to year 2, for example.

In the end, in addition to all the good data that's been collected in this thread, my advice would be: MAKE THE BEST OUT OF IT! With a bit of imagination, the game becomes quite enjoyable.

It sucks that we seem to know the ins and outs of the game better than EA's developers, but that very knowledge can be used to create a good gaming experience, and once all these workarounds are "mechanized" they actually become one more part of CFM and one stops thinking about them.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #19
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

I really hope someone from EA reads this. Especially Rex or Kolbe...

I would try Tweeting them again, but my tweets are always trying to bring bugs/glitches to their attention and I think they just ignore me.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:20 AM   #20
Just started!

Why not just get rid of the "Sacks Allowed" Stat?

Does anyone actually pay attention to it. That stat seems to be the driving force behind this whole thing. I understand that it's a real life stat... but I feel like 97% of people do not care if it's in the game or not.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Do the total number of individual sacks allowed equal the total sacks allowed by a team? Because if I am not mistaken, there should be sacks where it isn't given to a player but to the "team" because it was a free rusher or whatever. If all the individual numbers add up to the team total number, it could be that the extras are given to the LT by default.

Edit - total sacks do still seem a little high though. looking at the page before with total sack numbers, they are high. The worst team in the league in this stat is usually in the low to mid 50's each year. So that could definitely come down as a whole.

Last edited by joet6683; 09-15-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #22
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
Do the total number of individual sacks allowed equal the total sacks allowed by a team? Because if I am not mistaken, there should be sacks where it isn't given to a player but to the "team" because it was a free rusher or whatever. If all the individual numbers add up to the team total number, it could be that the extras are given to the LT by default.
Yeah I think you are on to something.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #23
Pro

I think the issue is a crossover of the number/stat and how it then cripples the LT via regression.

Im sure alot of people could ignore or overlook the stat itself if the LT came through it OK... but without a tweak to the QBs that have Average or worse Sense pressure, then you get the high amount of sacks, but also a huge chunk of regression in the PBK stat (circa -20 for the worst cases) which then spirals and makes that player useless.

Unfortunately its one of those things that just needs a little helping hand to balance it out. Regression is fine in appropriate doses/circumstances, as is progression... but if we allow all the LTs (or the majority) to just crumble into the wilderness, then for some people it can be an issue.

As for how the SIM engine allocates/counts the sacks up, id be guessing... but if its shifting sacks to the LT for the sake of counting them, then that could or should be resolved easily enough?

CFM is like watching someone spin plates... its great watching it work and the plates all spinning in sync, but when one plate falls, another always follows and thats the balancing act both the developers and we as players face.... we just got to keep the plates spinning
Old 09-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #24
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
Yeah I think you are on to something.
Good idea, if free rusher stats are getting added to LT's that would definelty contribute to this severe LT regression we are seeing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »