Home

Wouldn't it be great if Confidence had slider settings? (similar to speed threshold?)

This is a discussion on Wouldn't it be great if Confidence had slider settings? (similar to speed threshold?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 08:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wouldn't it be great if Confidence had slider settings? (similar to speed thresho

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I would agree I'd like to see it go, only because it's not fine tuned well enough, and can cause bizzare CFM games.

If it were well balanced, it would be kinda cool.

I want to like it..... I just don't like it right now

But what do you guys think? If there were such a slider in the CFM settings, would you use it?
To turn the confidence off? I'd use it, I see no need for something that's so game breaking.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:19 PM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Wouldn't it be great if Confidence had slider settings? (similar to speed thresho

I have always hated these intangibles in video games....be it confidence, momentum, chemistry etc. We can debate how much they actually exist, but I don't see how you put a mathematical equation to it. And when developers try, it seems to more harm than good....at least in my experience.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #11
Rookie

I just don't think things like consistency and confidence have a place in the game. I mean having players go on hot and cold streaks from madden 13 really turned me off of the game for a few years. I don't have the time to play more than 1 or 2 games a week so when I play it is usually in my franchise mode so I really can't say or know what the game plays like in play now. I will say that their should be a slider and an option for if you want to use these, it just makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Ironically, I think "confidence" is aleady in place....with the user. At least it is with me. If I throw a couple picks, I am going to start to get hesitant with my decisions. If I get sacked a few times, I'll get happy feet and probably make more bad decisions. And vice versa if I am doing well.

So I don't need the system under the hood turning a Journeyman into a Hall of Famer if he completes 5 passes in a row.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #13
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

If there was a slider to turn it all the way off then I'd be for it. I think it's a good premise but it seems so overly complicated. It seems weird to say but I think something like Tecmo Super Bowl would be better. Static upgrades and something similar to conditions for players instead of a 1-100 scale with so many things that affect it. Keep things simple.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #14
Rookie

I'll take this version of confidence over last years. To me, last year was obnoxious, this year is just "there".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »