Home

How do I play a position other than D-Line

This is a discussion on How do I play a position other than D-Line within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do I play a position other than D-Line

I always see others play MLB or S when I play online however when I seem to play these positions I get burned one way or another. When I play safety, when I am in zone, it seems I get burned one way or another. When I play linebacker I can't seem to get through the line of scrimmage or watch the running back run by, or worst give up a pass over the middle.

Anybody have any tips on playing these two positions? I realize practice makes perfect, but I feel that even after practicing that I am not getting any better at these fun positions to control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Re: How do I play a position other than D-Line

Honestly keep practicing, run them in games and learn from your mistakes. I used to mainly only play DT then moved to DE from there I have moved to MLB and will probably stick with MLB. It just takes practice you are going to give up a fair amount of plays while you learn but once you learn it makes things fairly enjoyable to do something rather than just try to get in the back field.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #3
Rookie

It takes practice, but I also requires an element of x's and o's football knowledge. One I actually learned how to read play's in real life from a defensive standpoint stuff like hi hat/low how to see get a read on run/pass, how to see where a run if going by keying the guards and ect. That's when playing one of those position in madden got really easy.

Just keep at it and you'll get better.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:41 PM   #4
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

I play SS. Get a player with high physical attributes (like speed, but especially acc/agi, as well as hit power... also dont forget weight makes a difference too). This will help to make up for your mistakes and allow you to make impact plays. Learn first to play your assignment 100% correctly, and then learn when you can deviate from the assignment to make a play.

My playstyle is pretty hit or miss, as I try to force fumbles on most of my tackles and I probably play shorter zones than most safeties would. I still can't really play man coverage and would be interested in seeing someone who could, but I think just practicing and learning what you as a user can and can't bring to the team at your position of choice is crucial.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #5
Rookie

My advice is to start a DE and then move up, use my player CFM, don't give a damn about how bad the offense is, use that as a learning tool. I started the hard way and played MLB immediately. Can't cover man but my middle cover 2 zone is really fun to do when I can user pick people left and right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Use L2/LT to strafe and just move back and forth in your zone.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 09-16-2015, 06:10 AM   #7
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig71
It takes practice, but I also requires an element of x's and o's football knowledge. One I actually learned how to read play's in real life from a defensive standpoint stuff like hi hat/low how to see get a read on run/pass, how to see where a run if going by keying the guards and ect. That's when playing one of those position in madden got really easy.

Dude... I started doing exactly this in practice mode, and I can't put into words how fun it is to play D this way...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2015, 07:25 AM   #8
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig71

Do you use defensive camera when using MLB ? I find this year D camera is worse than past year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »