Home

Madden 17 wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 17 wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #97
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
1. Ability to decrease the number of instant replays. Really bogs down the game.

2. Live ticker/updates like the last two (or one?) NCAA football. It'd be cool to know what's going on in other games as you're playing in franchise.

3. Edit injuries. Big part of the game, and more customization is better.

4. Fans leaving early in blowouts (probably won't happen thanks to NFL influence).

Curious what you mean by #3

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-29-2015, 09:32 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 4

1. Emotion. From the announcers to the crowd to the primetime games, there should be a different feel for all of these things. This has been mentioned several times here, but this is so important. This also includes the end of games which are so dull. Fans should leave early if the game is over and if you're kneeling down the players should be shaking hands and maybe even have the coaches and reporters flood the field like in real life. This would be such a great extra touch.

2. Ability to pick the computers uniforms! And more of them

3. The kicking game needs a complete revamp. Field Goals, punts, and kickoffs are horrible. There needs to be way more variables. This includes blocked kicks and punts and bad snaps. Maybe there would be a way to not only have a kicking meter but a snapping meter.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:23 PM   #99
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I know they worked on the penalties for 16 but if they could work on them some more and have it to where the penalties don't affect the gameplay. An example is the holding penalty affects the block shedding I believe. Penalties shouldn't have an affect on gameplay. Also have offsetting penalties and offensive P.I..
Old 11-30-2015, 03:32 PM   #100
Banned

Same things I've been wanting for years:

- Smoother transitional animations: transition hitches are the animation's biggest flaw in Madden.

- Better commentary scripts: things like not announcing the name of the kicker lining up and the kicking distance are perfect examples of how sloppy and unfocused this area of the game is. Luckily, the media finally said something about it this year, so hopefully they'll do something about it.

- Less buggy game: This was easily the buggiest Madden release since the uber crappy & broken Madden 08, but there have been certain bugs lingering in this game for years. I can think of a bug that's been in this game for years, like the one where no matter what the situation is, if you're in your opponent's territory and running a play with very little time left in the 4th quarter OR overtime, the CPU will call a timeout as if you're about to kick a field goal. It's so bad that I can remember a few times where the CPU did this when I was just kicking an extra point!

- A new playcall screen: I've seen it said by others a number of times and I agree, this playcall menu is no good. It just looks like a newspaper column hanging out there covering things up. We need a new, fullscreen playcall. This lower-third and right-panel stuff was a streak of bad ideas implemented by the older Madden teams starting with 10. They're gone now and this needs to go to. I shouldn't have to pause to make subs, check stats, or get a replay. If the Madden 09 team could figure this out, surely this new regime can to.

- No more warping: The warping in this game is 8-bit level bad, and I honestly I don't even remember it being THIS bad back then. I've seen players literally warp 20-30 yards. Warping to celebrate (what?). Warping to pick up a block. Warping to make a tackle. All ridiculous.

- Better weather: The light flurry game last night between the Broncos and Patriots on SNF would've been a blizzard in Madden. Why? Because Madden only has one snow setting and it's extreme. I doubt it would be difficult for them to put in some other less extreme settings, but when I read the Twitter of some EA Devs, they pretty much say they don't care about these things which really is a shame, because you have to wonder how many other things that we see missing or done wrong in this game are a product of them simply not caring.

In their defense, they always follow it up with saying simulation football is what they care about, but what they need to realize is that the statement is contradictory. Simulation football encompasses everything about it. Equipment, weather, X's and O's, animations, sound, etc. To neglect one of those simulation aspects is contradictory to the mission you're claiming to be on.

-Presentation: it's not bad, but the number of on-field cameras need to be scaled way back and replaced with tights. On-field chasing cameras are special camera angles that networks use SPARINGLY, not on practically every play like Madden has. I'd rather see them commit to all broadcast angles, with a few on-field shots sprinkled in.

Also, the wire cam replays need a lower shot in addition to the shot being used now. For a perfect example of how incredible these shots can be, just refer to the Broncos Patriots game (11/29/15) on Sunday Night Football. Every network is using them, but NBC's are just a tad more sharp than the other networks.

Lastly, side-by-side divider shots (player/coach from one team on one side, player/coach from the other team on the other side, network logo stripe in the middle) should be in the game. Every network uses them. They appeared in Madden 11 and never came back.

-New Fantasy Draft Mode: Draft Champions was a good idea, but it's not enough. I fired up the old NFL 2K on Dreamcast and played a fantasy mode where I had to draft competitively against the CPU teams from a pool of top NFL starters. There were frantic moments where I had to choose to between one position over the other and strategize my picks so that I could get the players I NEEDED plus the players I WANTED before the CPU got them. Sometimes, I lost out on a guy because the CPU got him first. Other times, I got the player I was targeting and it was exciting to win the pick. The result... a team of all-stars versus other teams of all-stars, and the games are just incredibly fun and competitive. Hell, I still play NFL 2K on Dreamcast JUST for this mode!

The mode doesn't need to be overly complex; let us pick our favorite team, and then just dump all the players in the league into a pool and let us draft from that pool competitively against the CPU until our hearts are content, then let us hit the field and play out the tournament.

- Squib kicks: Seen Clint Oldenburg mention on twitter they might be coming back via patch. Doesn't look like it's happening this year. This is something that needs to be back in the game for obvious strategic reasons. I realize there are probably people abusing it, but this has to be figured out.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #101
Rookie

1. Complete revamp of menus. Get rid of the moving backgrounds if it at all will help with smoothing things out. We dont need that fancy nonsense. Need more fluidness and a better attempt to make things smoother.

2. More on menus. No more "resetting" of certain menus when you go in and back out after sorting. Very very annoying.

3. Post Draft board that shows who drafted whom and their OVR and dev traits. Currently, there is nothing like this. No post draft board/analysis. Just something else that shows me sometimes EA just does not put in extra effort.

4. Playoff scenarios. Its 2016 and we still cant get any playoff scenario page sometime after mid-season to see possible playoff matchups, whos in, etc.

5. Minor annoyance, but ill say it anyways. What the heck is the point of a Press Any Button when booting up? After that point it start loading profiles/etc. Just get to it without having to press anything. The boot process is long enough already.

6. Wind indication. We STILL can NOT see wind indications before kicking. Makes no sense.

7. Scrimmage mode in online CFM's. Seriously, it can not be hard to let people in leagues play scrimmage games between each other. It's basically a head to head game that means nothing. Sometimes for long advances, people would like to play with their CFM teams.

Last edited by kse79x; 12-02-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 11

It's a Minor thing amongst all the other suggestions on here, but I'd like if you choose to be a owner, the ability to still create a coach for your team
Old 12-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #103
Rookie

One more thing..

Scouting during playoffs. You dont want to keep scouting going during playoffs, fine. But at the very least, let people view who they've scouted. People who arent in playoffs in Online leagues cant scrimmage and cant scout or look at who they scouted during playoffs. They're left to do nothing.

Some of these devs or whomever really should spend some time in real online leagues to see what the issues/complaints/wants/needs are.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
In regards to presentation, I hope they completely do away with predetermined cut-scenes and just have a natural flow.
I don't think you remember what predetermined cutscenes used to be like. They are natural as hell now with a boatload of variance, with only a handful standing out as predetermined. This area was the single biggest jump in Madden's presentation this year, let alone comparing it to games from 5 and 10 years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »