Home

Madden 17 wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 17 wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2016, 11:51 PM   #177
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 wishlist

Draft Champions:

- Allow us to choose the team we want to be just like in Play Now/Franchise Mode. I know it defaults to whoever your favorite team is but I'd rather choose different teams to play as.

- Combine MUT & Draft Champions. It's essentially the same thing so combine it into one mode. I know MUT is a cash cow so to keep this a cash cow, after you do the draft is where players can spend money to improve their team. Buy a pack, and you can add those players to your team before even starting Draft Champions. Then you can stash the other players you don't use for future Draft Champion Games.

- Have Kickers/Punters be draft eligible as well instead of defaulting us to random Kickers/Punters.

- The 3 round tournament style is great but please let the quarter length be more than 3 minutes. If it stays, at least set it as the default and let us increase the minutes as we wish(just like we can in Play Now)

Franchise Mode:

- Much more customization options. Everyone has covered this throughout the thread of what kind of customization options we want, but this needs to be a big focus. Take the handcuffs off and let us play how we want.

- Everyone here has talked about the lop sided scores that Force Win brings. So I suggest the option of "Customize Score". Basically we choose the score and the sim engine simulates stats based off that score.

- One Click for 32 team control.

- Fix when players retire/coaches retire so they stay longer. Or let us see fit and unretire players/coaches manually to keep them in CFM longer. Heck even make it so we can only unretire certain players X amount of times. So if Brady retires in year one, we choose to unretire him since he's not retiring anytime soon in real life. Then from that point we can only unretire him 4 more times. So make it a max of 5 times unless that player hits a certain age.

- Finally bring back assistant coaches, and with it NCAA's coaching carousel.

- If we have assistant coaches, then we have no need for those made up EA Sports Head Coaches right.... WRONG! Make them into Highly Successful college coaches that we can bring into the NFL. Every 2-3 seasons in CFM there will be 1 or 2 big name college coaches(Your Jim Harbaughs, Pete Carrols, Chip Kellys, etc) that would have a backstory of being a successful coach in college wanting to try his hand in the NFL.

- Upgrade the Stadium Ratings please! I'll edit this post later with some examples but some of them just got upgrades in recent years and should be a bit higher and they should have certain upgrades already.

- Increase the amount of cities we can choose from when we relocate. 17 cities are nice but NBA 2K is way ahead with 60 cities to choose from. Also, the ability to share a stadium with a team when you move. Rams and Chargers are talking about sharing a stadium, let that be possible when you have 2 or more teams looking to relocate.

- More Stadium options to choose from, those Draft Champion Stadiums look great, and would love to have the ability to choose that as my stadium when I relocate.

- More stadium customization options. Again, look at NBA 2K and the things you can do when customizing a new arena. Let us choose the jumbo tron, type of field(real grass or field turf), seat colors, Stadium Sponsors which would give you added revenue each season, etc.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:28 AM   #178
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

UFCMPunk

The only thing MUT and DC have in common is the player pool. Other than they are completely different. You can only draft 11 in players in DC where as you get well over 1000 different cards in MUT. You don't keep any cards after winning your 3 games in DC, whereas in MUT you can collect 'em all as they say. And there is some other things I can probably rattle off that I am forgetting.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #179
Rookie

Better QB footwork, I'm sick of it taking a second for the player to react to my control stick and therefore leading to a sack. It's very difficult to move around in the pocket. -.-
Old 01-28-2016, 12:32 AM   #180
Banned

Formation subs and i agree with you about practicing plays. It would be cool to have to practice certain plays in practice to help excecute it better in a real game.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:54 AM   #181
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcendent
It's very difficult to move around in the pocket. -.-
And it should be, because in real football a QB can't move around like he has a jetpack strapped to his butt like it's been in Madden for so long. That was garbage and it should be gone. Pocket movement and doing it well is a skill, player. That should be reflected in the game.

If anything, this is one area where Madden is improving. I don't want them catering to arcade play. I want sim football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #182
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
And it should be, because in real football a QB can't move around like he has a jetpack strapped to his butt like it's been in Madden for so long. That was garbage and it should be gone. Pocket movement and doing it well is a skill, player. That should be reflected in the game.

If anything, this is one area where Madden is improving. I don't want them catering to arcade play. I want sim football.
An athletic QB should be able to put his foot in the ground and take off. I use Mariota in an online CFM and the delay on him taking off completely neuters his athletic ability.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 01-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #183
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
An athletic QB should be able to put his foot in the ground and take off. I use Mariota in an online CFM and the delay on him taking off completely neuters his athletic ability.
We might be talking about different things though. The pocket movements needed to be toned down because QB's could move lateral and backwards in the pocket as fast they could north and south and that was whack. That needed to go. That's not realistic.

For running, I agree that there is a delay between setting and hitting trigger to tuck down and run and its probably on purpose to keep dudes from racking up ridiculous yards with the QB like they have in other Madden's, so to be honest I'm okay with that until they can find a better solution. But that said, Ive used Mariota and ran wild on teams. The delay was there, but still ran wild. Might just be a play selection/timing thing for how successful it can be.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #184
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

It's online I have problems because of the delay. Offline is fine.

I agree about having guys move too much too fast in the pocket.

IMO QB's shouldn't even be able to go further with their auto drop unless you put a huge penalty on the throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »