Home

Madden 17 wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 17 wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #217
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 wishlist

Allowing the resigning of players mid-season like in Madden 12.
Allowing the editing of players mid-season like in Madden 12.
A less glitchy UI in Franchise mode.
Perhaps not making it where on All-Madden difficulty Nick Foles is as good as Peyton Manning in accuracy and getting the ball out.
That on All-Madden difficulty LeGarrette Blount and C.J. Anderson didn't have the tackle shedding powers of Marshawn Lynch.
That the player development activities are un-nerfed from the point of worthlessness and can be more easily used.
That there isn't an arbitrary 3-items limit in making trades.
That there isn't an arbitrary limit to how many draft picks you can have.
That trainer and scout levels weren't 95% pointless to their contributions to the game.
Bring back picking plays according to who your primary target is like in Madden 25 and earlier.
Implement the formation subs so I can decide who I want in what formation without having to scramble mid-play timer (from NCAA Football 14).
Make coaches more unique by giving them packages in relation to their coaching history.
Perhaps list whether an under-center play is a 3, 5, or 7-step drop.
Allow assigning defensive players to particular offensive players i.e. having your No. 1 corner follow the opponent's No. 1 corner, like in NFL 2K5.
Allow making permanent uniform changes within Franchise mode vs. having to change them every time just before the game starts.
Allow for signing free agents for whatever length of time within and out of Franchise mode vs. 1-year only mid-season and 2-3 years only outside of franchise mode.
More clearly alert the player to when substitutions have been made on the offensive line.
Let the player know which way the wind is blowing in relation to the punting/kicking direction before they decide a punting/kicking formation.
Having offensive and defensive coordinators and allowing coaches to move up into head coach and also have a head coach go back to being a coordinator.
Give bonuses to players according to the expertise/level/packages of the coaches and coordinators i.e. Andy Reid is good with offensive lines, so offensive linemen should get a boost in their blocking abilities for playing with him. This way you can have a situation where a coach who is good with a particular position group can do more with less.

To name a few.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:25 PM   #218
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
On offense when I throw a deep ball to my reciever I'm given the choice to choice of what type of catch to attempt without switching to the reciever first.

What I'd like to see is the defender covering that reciever given the same ability between play ball or play reciever without having to switch defenders. A user triggered decision will always trump an AI animation.

I play in a no switch league, the reason I'm asking.
I just let the cpu do it (on defense) because apparently I was hitting the wrong option and giving up too many completions.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by alexthegreatmc; 02-05-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:19 AM   #219
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

After barely playing Madden the past 3-5 years, I am impressed by Madden 16. I like the WR/DB interaction, better line interaction, different type of passes. But they need to continue to improve.

Gameplay:
-Improve ratings to where players stand out from each other
-Fully expand on Traits to make players different. Where really only athleticism is the only difference I see between most players. 2K does a good job of showing differences. Ratings should not be the main difference in players. Like For a QB, there could be a Trait where tendency to check down or locks down on 1st read.
-I want to see adjustments made by CPU. Like if I am consistently getting pressure on pass rush on one side, I want to see to slide blocking to that side. Or I am targeting one receiver, I want to see them double team. I don't see them double teaming anyway.

Presentation:
-Continue to add more lines.
-A ticker of other games around the season.
-Recognition of what happened in the game so far. Like I want to hear about the unanswered points. Or the run game was great in the 1st quarter, but the defense has been making stops.
-More emotion. Where I had a shootout game in CFM, but by the atmosphere, it felt like it was just a regular game.
-Half Time and Post game show.

CFM:
-I want to see tendencies of teams and User tendencies. Like Pass 54% of the time.
-CPU to adjust during games. CPU to know your tendencies and adjust mid game. Where, I run the same play on defense consistently, I want to see the CPU call plays to exploit it
-Every CPU plays the same in most cases. It seems like most complete 65+% of their passes on All Pro.
-Ticker. I want to know what is going on around the league.
-One game break of a highlight of another CPU game
-Better Progression. I rather see weekly rating swings than rely on XP.
-I want to hear about where you stand in the standings.
-Commentators knowing the strengths and weaknesses of both teams and talking about it during game. Like "The Broncos are coming in to this game with the #1 ranked Defense in the league."
-Fix Super Sim. I like to play Player Only CFMs at times. But main gripe is how the Super Sims ruins games. Like if I am defensive player, The CPU will win the TOP battle 66%. Like if I play 15 mins quarters, the CPU has the ball for at least 36 mins. It is very unrealistic seeing CPU having 90 offensive plays a game. Where CPU QB has 50+ passes a game and over 30+ runs. With those stats, great chance that you are giving up over 30 points a game. I want to see more time spent when simming. Like I think only 15 secs are simmed per play, so unless they move down field. You are on the field way too much. It is almost impossible to have a top 10 defense in CFM if you are playing Player only

Last edited by illwill10; 02-06-2016 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #220
Just started!

Create a Play

the ability to have pre-game packages with substitutions.

I always switch out rb in shotgun for passing, put a RT at TE for heavy runs or move WRs/TEs to certain spots in certain packages. It would be nice if you could do this before the game starts so its locked in and you don't have to waste time doing subs in a variety of formations
Old 02-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #221
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

How about create a team? Just checked out NBA 2K16 create a team vids on youtube. Wow! The jersey creator was incredible......somehow they are able to add custom logo imports, including NCAA, NFL logos and whatever else anybody uploads and not get sued..... Also able to design every little detail of their stadium. We get what 6 pre sets with zero customization. For being the premier sports franchise in the U.S. madden needs to step up their game in this aspect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2016, 09:10 AM   #222
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Full formation subs
User defined camera
Brutal A.I.
Visual art needs to go to a more gritty look
Player of the game
New weather system it's crazy we can't choose what degrees we want to play in during play now smh
Signature styles-everybody shouldn't have the Odell one hand catch,everybody shouldn't run the same,everybody shouldn't act and react the same.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 02-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #223
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

First off ratings for CFM need to be way lower ranging from 40 overall up to 90's then will see a Hugh difference in players watt should be 92 overall and the avg starting de 68 to a 77 and a pro bowl player 77-84 range over 85 would be pushing elite and 90 you be compared to best of all time Bruce smith , Jerry Rice , Montana , Elway ect ect . Now that's where to start so weather we go back to old system or keep xp ! All players should have hidden cap on overall and each individual categories . So saying you draft a WR and he comes in a 68 overall hidden will be his peak he can be label a start potential witch means he could end up any where from 82 to the 90's and have a hidden cap on individual attributes like his catch rating might come in a 67 but he caps at 92 ! when you hit 92 it will say at this point you reach catching max for this player ! So player would still be labeled Star , fast , avg and slow or rename to ( Hall of fame potential , Star , starter, avg , slow ) this once again you get info from scout's and a great scouts hits more on there upside when suggesting them !Production should make you move faster to your cap numbers ! some players will have unlimited potential . (Andrew luck type he have a cap around 92- 97 overall but still have rating caps on his speed short accuracy ect ect . Also certain players have traits they come in with but to these new trait there be 3 level to all traits Avg , good and elite ! like Qb release trait , clutch trait , aggressive catch trait , rac catch trait and keep adding traits this sets player apart more and add different animation with some of the traits and level . with is idea's we can keep xp or go back to old ways ! Both can work and I always say don't take anything away just give more option !
Old 02-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #224
Rookie

Fix the cardinals pre-set jerseys and add a 90's all white.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »