Home

Madden 17 wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 17 wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2016, 02:56 PM   #241
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 wishlist

First off, I'd like to echo the plea for a new progression system and the removal of player upgrades. It is ridiculous that you can improve a QBs deep ball accuracy by throwing hundreds of screens and 5yd drag routes.

That being said, I was really happy when Game Prep was introduced as it provided a mechanism to help 2nd and 3rd stringers develop when they weren't seeing significant playing time. I do have major issues with the implementation though.

Given that this is a substitute for practice reps it seems bizarre that you can only train a few players each week - it breaks the immersion. It's also ridiculous that you can stack game prep into a single player if you choose.

I'd like to see this replaced with a practice system that would see ALL players benefiting from practice. Most logical way seems to be sliders to divide first or second team reps between the players at each position, for example:

QB (1 x 100%)
Player A 80%
Player B 15%
Player C 5%

WR (3 x 100%)
Player A 90%
Player B 80%
Player C 70%
Player D 35%
Player E 15%
Player F 5%
Player G 5%

This would encourage more people to pay attention to the lower half of their roster, with the knowledge that some real gems could be developing behind the scenes.

Thoughts?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 04:47 PM   #242
MVP

OVR: 1

i like the idea of a whole roster getting practice how i want them to, as long as they dont forget ST. HC06 on PC if your memory holds up, kickers and Punters regressing every game no matter what you tried... and dont forget returners !
Old 02-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #243
Rookie

1. Player movement, the biggest thing to fix. Players move too twitchy, quickly, and without weight. The "ignite" engine has been a good segway engine, get to a better physics engine.

2. Better blocking, player movement could be used to create better blocking in run game and special teams. Special teams needs great improvement, but even the running game could get better with the assignments for lineman. This could all be effected by ratings.

3. Special teams, throw out the old model, bring in something that feels better.

4. QB, WR and DBs, Passes need to have more variety. Leading too far, passes defensed, tight coverage leading to swats, less INTs just to make the game more difficult. INTs should be based on a bad throw, not randomness. Ratings lead to accuracy when trying to lead a receiver. Automatically trying to throw to the opposite side of the defender. This could make for more interesting games. Make the CPU better.

5. Defense, make it matter. Great cover guys should cover, be separated from the weaker cover guys. Make Richard Sherman a stud in the zone, but a little weaker in man and vice versa with great man and weak zone guys. Matchups should matter more, add the ability to match guys up again.

6. QB Movement, Allow for better moving around the pocket being able to avoid sacks. Aaron Rodgers can create more time with his feet, I should be able to do that in Madden some day.

7. Great rid of Suction tackles and guys with lower speed being able to launch. Nuff said.

8. Ball carrier moves, make it tougher for the defense to win one on one with good ball carriers. This could help special teams. Suction tackles are a big problem, arm tackles need to be added too so it feels more realistic. Sometimes the D can only get one arm on a guy, ball carrier wins this more times than not.

9. Ratings, make them actually matter. Every game played in the NFL season proves that matchups matter. Matching up good players against the right situation can lead to winning. There isn't that much strategy in Madden.

10. Playbooks, make them better, easier to access plays and call plays. There seems to be too many clicks to get to anything unless you pick formation. I liked being able to pick plays for individual players too, bring that back. Gameplanning could be added so that you can choose each week what plays you would like to see the most of in the "suggested" section of the playcalling screen. Adding and removing plays dynamically this way instead of having to use different playbooks every week would be pretty cool.

Last edited by prhiam; 02-11-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #244
Banned

MountaineersSon's Arena

More roster spots so we can have true to life practice squads. No reason we should have to give up our younger players for veterans.

Same, more roster spots for the free agency pool. Players disappearing.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:02 AM   #245
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I definitely think special teams is long overdue for a new system. Field goals are just way too easy for both human and AI; there simply must be a better way to do it that can add even a slight amount of difficulty to the game. Beyond that, blocking a field goal is basically impossible.

AI punters still often shank their punts when punting around midfield. The vast majority of AI punts travel about 15 yards before going out of bounds unless they simply kick it out the back of the endzone.

It used to be that punt returners would have almost no room to return punts but now it's horrible in the other direction; it's almost impossible to get your punt coverage down the field without allowing 15+ yard returns every time.

And lastly, the ball physics on punts and onsides still need to be worked on. Onsides are terribly unrealistic and while you can occasionally get a punt to bounce out of bounds or bounce backwards, it seems that almost all of them still just bounce down the field, making it very difficult to pin someone inside their own 10 yard line without just kicking the ball out of bounds.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #246
Rookie

A few things I would like to see in Madden is being about to have my top CB shadow a teams certain WR. Also I would like to do substitute for each formation and maybe even every play. In certain situations I may prefer a S at corner or be able to put my own special teams coverage unit out there.

Another thing is injuries. Couldn't there be a way where injuries play a key in the game in our franchise? I mean having some guys out because of a stinger and you get notes on his progress and if he should be questionable or doubtful. Obviously there needs to be more to it but injuries are a big part of out game. I would like there to be a bit more to it other then a guy is out 3 weeks and that's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2016, 05:51 PM   #247
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Thought I would throw in a couple things me and my friends noticed on our All-Madden franchise.

- Get rid of automatic 2 minute drives. Can't count how many times i've had the computer shut down for an entire half then they get the ball with under 2 minutes and absolutely cannot be stopped.

- Fix blocking. My RB can pick up an untouched blitzing defender and stop them in their tracks, but on a running play linemen and fullbacks routinely run right by defenders to give up easy tackles.

- Coverage still lacks a lot. A decent TE seems to be impossible to cover in man. Doesn't matter if it is Patrick Peterson covering a backup TE, he will be open almost 90% of the time.

- Corner routes. Dear lord of football when the computer whens a corner route it is an almost always open no matter what you call.

- All Madden should be more difficult because of the computer making adjustments and playing smarter, not because they become super athletes and make insane plays over and over.

Last edited by AshamanCarnage; 02-12-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:07 PM   #248
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I definitely think special teams is long overdue for a new system. Field goals are just way too easy for both human and AI; there simply must be a better way to do it that can add even a slight amount of difficulty to the game. Beyond that, blocking a field goal is basically impossible.

AI punters still often shank their punts when punting around midfield. The vast majority of AI punts travel about 15 yards before going out of bounds unless they simply kick it out the back of the endzone.

It used to be that punt returners would have almost no room to return punts but now it's horrible in the other direction; it's almost impossible to get your punt coverage down the field without allowing 15+ yard returns every time.

And lastly, the ball physics on punts and onsides still need to be worked on. Onsides are terribly unrealistic and while you can occasionally get a punt to bounce out of bounds or bounce backwards, it seems that almost all of them still just bounce down the field, making it very difficult to pin someone inside their own 10 yard line without just kicking the ball out of bounds.
Temporary solution is to sim KO's and punts. You will see a more variety of run backs, maybe a block here or there, etc....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »