Home

Manage Rosters

This is a discussion on Manage Rosters within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Manage Rosters

Question.. I was trying to move all of my favorite players onto one team just to mess around with in an offline franchise. I wasn't able to do that because of the salary cap. Is there a workaround for this? I'm assuming there's not and the reason is because EA wants me to spend $400 opening packs in Ultimate Team to get all my favorite players on one team.

I can't turn salary cap off when managing the rosters for the game. If I go into franchise mode I can turn off the cap but I can't put force trades on. And I can't edit contracts under any circumstance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Manage Rosters

I don't know a work around for this. I feel your pain - I wanted to trade Bradford to TN for Mariota, to see how he would look in Chip's offense, but TN didn't have cap space for Bradford, so the computer would not let me make the trade. Annoyed me greatly, since I play with cap off anyway. More unnecessary artificial limits placed.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencerm
Question.. I was trying to move all of my favorite players onto one team just to mess around with in an offline franchise. I wasn't able to do that because of the salary cap. Is there a workaround for this?
There is a workaround:
  1. Edit the player's position to Kicker / Punter / something he's obviously not supposed to play.
  2. Release the player to the Free Agents list.
  3. Sign the player back to the same team from the Free Agents list. This will sign him to a 1-year veteran minimum contract, because his OVR rating presumably is terrible at his new position.
  4. Edit the player's position back to his original position.

Quote:
I'm assuming there's not and the reason is because EA wants me to spend $400 opening packs in Ultimate Team to get all my favorite players on one team.
No, this has nothing to do with Ultimate Team. This is purely legacy implementation. Roster editors have had to wrangle with the salary cap since Madden NFL 2001 on the PS2, perhaps earlier.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There is a workaround:
  1. Edit the player's position to Kicker / Punter / something he's obviously not supposed to play.
  2. Release the player to the Free Agents list.
  3. Sign the player back to the same team from the Free Agents list. This will sign him to a 1-year veteran minimum contract, because his OVR rating presumably is terrible at his new position.
  4. Edit the player's position back to his original position.

No, this has nothing to do with Ultimate Team. This is purely legacy implementation. Roster editors have had to wrangle with the salary cap since Madden NFL 2001 on the PS2, perhaps earlier.
Appreciate the feedback. I'll give this a shot. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencerm
Question.. I was trying to move all of my favorite players onto one team just to mess around with in an offline franchise. I wasn't able to do that because of the salary cap. Is there a workaround for this? I'm assuming there's not and the reason is because EA wants me to spend $400 opening packs in Ultimate Team to get all my favorite players on one team.

I can't turn salary cap off when managing the rosters for the game. If I go into franchise mode I can turn off the cap but I can't put force trades on. And I can't edit contracts under any circumstance.
When starting your CFM, select settings tab on right and turn salary cap off, and you can also set trades to human especially if doing a 32 team control. Select your coach first so he is the commissioner and use Settings before advancing to next coach.

You don't have to edit players as suggested, though it works, because they will have one-year contracts and you'll have to resign them. Example, Mariota likely has a 4-year contract and editing/signing/trading results in him having a one-year contract. You would have to edit/release/ sign and either trade for him or sign him from free agents. It works, but I would rather have him with his 4-year contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »