Home

Sim Help

This is a discussion on Sim Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
Sim Help

So, I've been trying to build a run first, defense heavy team... so far it isn't working. I started with the Vikings so I could have my favorite HB in Peterson. Bridgewater as a Strong Arm QB is an 87 ovr and perfectly fine.

Anyway... even at 30/70 (as in past games), my team only runs 10-15 times a game with Peterson, meanwhile throws for 40+ times. Even if I change the pb to Seattle or another run heavy team, change it back to 50/50, nothing seems to help.

Does anyone have a suggestion to try?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Sim Help

Have you tried a different coaching scheme? Like instead of West Coast offense, using power run?
Old 09-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernator
Have you tried a different coaching scheme? Like instead of West Coast offense, using power run?
Yep. I've tried power run, zone run, west coast and balanced offense. I finally got him to 300 attempts last night when I set it to 20/80 and 40 aggressiveness. lol

Bridgewater still threw for 537 attempts, so 33~ per game. But at least he was getting 18-19~ touches...
Old 09-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caius101
Yep. I've tried power run, zone run, west coast and balanced offense. I finally got him to 300 attempts last night when I set it to 20/80 and 40 aggressiveness. lol

Bridgewater still threw for 537 attempts, so 33~ per game. But at least he was getting 18-19~ touches...
Try setting the PB to pistol or run balanced and the scheme to run heavy. You don't have to actually use those playbooks, but set them in the scheme page. I think I set Carolina to pistol in a test sim and cam was passing for like 2200 yards and 10 TDs. They were leading the league in rushing, spread out between cam and the backs. FYI - QB will not progress and may slightly regress with these stats.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2015, 06:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badguy1985
Try setting the PB to pistol or run balanced and the scheme to run heavy. You don't have to actually use those playbooks, but set them in the scheme page. I think I set Carolina to pistol in a test sim and cam was passing for like 2200 yards and 10 TDs. They were leading the league in rushing, spread out between cam and the backs. FYI - QB will not progress and may slightly regress with these stats.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
We must be playing a different madden. There is not a "Run Heavy" Scheme. There is a run heavy playbook, but not scheme. I checked repeatedly in hopes I had just overlooked it. >_> Not funny.

And I've used the run balanced pb quite a few times and the balance between it or the Seattle seems the best choice. I ran a test sim at 20 / 40 and it also seemed to do good in terms or runs. Peterson managed to get up to 330~, Bridgewater was 540~. Guess I'll just have to accept that a true run first team is going to be difficult this year, unless I play a large portion of the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »