Home

Is there a reason why...

This is a discussion on Is there a reason why... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14
Is there a reason why...

We have to wait for every member of the defense to be on their side of the ball to snap it on offense?

Kind of makes it difficult to run the no huddle effectively.
Chicago Blackhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is there a reason why...

Because this is a gentleman's game.

Seriously though, it is because of exploits. Madden does not have a hustle or situational awareness feature that could allow beating the defense to the line.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Because this is a gentleman's game.

Seriously though, it is because of exploits. Madden does not have a hustle or situational awareness feature that could allow beating the defense to the line.
It's never been like this before though. In past games you literally could snap the ball if a defender was standing right next to the QB now they all have to be on their side of the line.

It's a little ridiculous and can easily cost people games.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 09-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Is this only in versus?

I catch the computer defense offsides running the hurry up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Is this only in versus?

I catch the computer defense offsides running the hurry up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
No I'm in CFM, I'm still able to catch them offsides but I literally have to wait for the last defender to be just offsides to snap the ball.

It doesn't matter if my offense is totally set, it still wont let me snap it until the last defender is just barely offsides over the nose of the ball.

I'm thinking it has something to do with how the no huddle glitch that makes defenders bump OLs to get penalized being fixed has something to do with it but I could be wrong.
Chicago Blackhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's because the game is Fd up in the amount of time it takes the offense to get lined up. If you have a medium to long pass in the NFL your going to have 12-17 seconds from the time the play is over till the next snap, madden doesn't do this. If they allowed you do run a play quick a D lineman that rushed well and got pressure but pushed behind the QB, or say sacked the QB would never beat the QB back to the line so they would be offsides constantly.

Honestly, how many times in any NFL game, or all the games in a given week even, do you see someone caught offsides like your trying to do? It never happens, even with the teams that run hurry up like Eagles, Packers often or Broncos when they are really going well. Madden stops you because it's not realistic to get cheap yards like this.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgisme
It's because the game is Fd up in the amount of time it takes the offense to get lined up. If you have a medium to long pass in the NFL your going to have 12-17 seconds from the time the play is over till the next snap, madden doesn't do this. If they allowed you do run a play quick a D lineman that rushed well and got pressure but pushed behind the QB, or say sacked the QB would never beat the QB back to the line so they would be offsides constantly.

Honestly, how many times in any NFL game, or all the games in a given week even, do you see someone caught offsides like your trying to do? It never happens, even with the teams that run hurry up like Eagles, Packers often or Broncos when they are really going well. Madden stops you because it's not realistic to get cheap yards like this.
I think the issue at hand is the fact that if you are trying to conserve clock time you can use valuable seconds due to the game not allowing you to hike the ball. The way it works now you could potentially lose a game because the defense didn't get across the LoS fast enough for you to be able to hike the ball and spike it
Old 09-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I think the issue at hand is the fact that if you are trying to conserve clock time you can use valuable seconds due to the game not allowing you to hike the ball. The way it works now you could potentially lose a game because the defense didn't get across the LoS fast enough for you to be able to hike the ball and spike it
Completely missed the point, madden already lets you line up faster then real life, any faster it wouldn't make sense. People can only move so fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »