Home

NBA 2k - Madden falling behind

This is a discussion on NBA 2k - Madden falling behind within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 06:30 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2k - Madden falling behind

The one thing I would say on this is it's easy to just praise a game from afar based on what it's saying it's doing. This isn't to bash 2K because it's really good, just the general mindset it's easy to fall into if you're not actually playing and following that game other than during pre-release times.

Simply to say, in the past you would still hear lots of complaints about a lack of equipment updates or not getting the right shoes, or not being able to equip the right gear, or the face scan not working properly, or online modes being broken, or online franchise not being what people want etc. If you live and breathe within a community, you'll end up finding out a lot of the things and have a lot of the same beefs.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

@chase B nailed it.....
Old 09-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #11
Rookie

Deezo's Arena

I can't bump this enough. 2K has run away with the "player immersion" factor in the NBA series. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to play your State title game, then a BCS National Championship game that lead into an immersive draft. A draft you have NO control of, the CPU AI would select you based on you OVR and POS and their needs. Then you could buy homes, sign endorsements, have off days, etc. With the following the NFL has and the units Madden sells now...could you imagine what this would do?

We can only hope...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Madden had good things in it in previous versions even back on ps2 formation subs more variety of creating your own team logo etc n they take it out and the new systems can handle so much more so why not bring those things back they have more space now than ever it shouldn't be lacking those kind of things, as far as gameplay this is my favorite madden in that case tho

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #13

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

I guess my issue with Madden is it still has the same Major gameplay issues since Madden 06, and its franchise mode has less features than Madden 05 on PS2 and has been that way for 10 years.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #14
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

I've been a madden basher for some years now...encouraged by the direction they are taking now...and I will say, it is much easier for a game where there are 10 players on the court to be able to perfect or get to "what they want to see" on the court and be able to focus on the other stuff going into the game than it is for a football game where there are 22 people on the field at a time. A football game has to ensure that the game itself works before they can overhaul a franchise mode. I think that's why we saw the focus on gameplay this year. They need to make the actual game part of the game work before making the franchise and stuff better.

By no means am I saying that they will touch what NBA 2k may be doing this year (though I don't pay much attention to bball), but I think next year we will see a much improved franchise mode. For the first time in....ever...I actually have faith in the madden team due to the guy leading them
Old 09-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #15
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I've been a madden basher for some years now...encouraged by the direction they are taking now...and I will say, it is much easier for a game where there are 10 players on the court to be able to perfect or get to "what they want to see" on the court and be able to focus on the other stuff going into the game than it is for a football game where there are 22 people on the field at a time. A football game has to ensure that the game itself works before they can overhaul a franchise mode. I think that's why we saw the focus on gameplay this year. They need to make the actual game part of the game work before making the franchise and stuff better.
If NBA Live didn't exist you might have a point.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
The one thing I would say on this is it's easy to just praise a game from afar based on what it's saying it's doing. This isn't to bash 2K because it's really good, just the general mindset it's easy to fall into if you're not actually playing and following that game other than during pre-release times.

Simply to say, in the past you would still hear lots of complaints about a lack of equipment updates or not getting the right shoes, or not being able to equip the right gear, or the face scan not working properly, or online modes being broken, or online franchise not being what people want etc. If you live and breathe within a community, you'll end up finding out a lot of the things and have a lot of the same beefs.
The glaring difference though, is that while NBA 2K fails on a number of little things, they still get a ton of little things right, and also gets the big things right. Madden's issue is that it fails miserably on pretty much all of the little things to the point where I don't think its so much failure anymore as it is just outright indifference from the development, and fails miserably on many of the big things like blocking AI, defensive assignment responsibility, animations (though this has improved), awareness, basic NFL rules, collision detection, you know, things that speak to the core of what football is. And I say all of that actually enjoying the absolute hell out of Madden 16, but in general I can't pretend like it's not a broken game; it's just a broken game that manages to be fun somehow.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »