Home
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
NBA 2k - Madden falling behind

Every time 2k releases news about their upcoming game I am blown away. Stuff that I never thought possible in a sports game is happening.

And while I'm blown away and very thankful for what their doing, I'm not a basketball fan. I'm a football fan. Football is one of my biggest passions in life. I played the sport in school. I've grown up around it, on TV. It's just a huge part of my life. Like many of yall here.

It's just so disappointing as a football fan seeing what those guys are doing. I long for the days that we get inovation like that in a football game. And honestly it sucks were stuck with what we got. And while the gameplay guys are doing the best they can with what they inherited the rest of the fm game is moving at a snails pace.

2k lets you have complete control of everything. Options in franchise. You can change them to how you want to play.

Character customization, they are leading the way with this. Their face scanner (madden had game face andive has something) being able to edit hair/face structure. 1000s of animations from shooting to dribbling to celebrations to warm ups you name it.

In madden we can't even get updated equipment and a decent selection of Classic gear. Let alone hair styles to choose from.

How about their online modes where you can customize everything about your team. Place any logo anywhere. Customize your stadium. Imagine that freedom in madden.

So what can we do to demand more for our sport? Football is the biggest sport in America. Madden should be leading the way in innovation and features. So as a community we have to step up and pressure these guys for more. I know some here have to be as passionate about football as i am. Tired of just sitting around hoping madden will be great before I retie from games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k - Madden falling behind

This thread may get closed, but I agree with ya.
I was amazed by NBA Live being able to scan you face in game. The technology has been in the game, but for the average gamer to do it adds a little more immersion.

And 2K improving the my player story from HS, college, pros is awesome. Sponsors, custom shoes, playing with friends, wow. Just saw the trailer where you can customize your home gym and invite friends. Concept is great for sure.

But EA sports isn't really into the story driven my player modes it seems.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
Pro

yankees028's Arena

What they did this year also with there new rating system. That is based of greatest players of all time and how they compare to them. Is awesome! You need to go back and look at nfl 2k5/2k6 weekly wrap ups lol 2k has always been ahead of the curve. Honestly EA is lucky they bought the rights because you would see 2k clean sweep them across the boards in games. Will never forget when 2k released a better game and brand new for 19.99 lol That was when EA was like we cant do this anymore

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe

Last edited by yankees028; 09-18-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
This thread may get closed, but I agree with ya.
I was amazed by NBA Live being able to scan you face in game. The technology has been in the game, but for the average gamer to do it adds a little more immersion.

And 2K improving the my player story from HS, college, pros is awesome. Sponsors, custom shoes, playing with friends, wow. Just saw the trailer where you can customize your home gym and invite friends. Concept is great for sure.

But EA sports isn't really into the story driven my player modes it seems.

Honestly tho I'm not bashing any game. I'm not blind I see the improvemts madden has made. I saw something in a madden 16 vid that made me say wow last night.

But I truly think this is a serious problem. I hope the mods let this stay open. Because if we just sit by and let things keep going nothing will ever change. I want stuff like that in a football game damnit. I'm 22. Im gettin old. And I don't play many games at all. But I'd love to just be blown away by madden.

Like I said football is the biggest sport in the nation man Its just kind of depressing lol cause I'm not a basketball fan at all but I still buy those games.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Yeah and then compare their my gm vs cfm. It ridiculous how the Madden development team, especially the cfm team, have no creative ideas at all. Cfm is one of the most cookie cutter franchise modes out there. Also NBA 2k has a sim game where as Madden still is catering to the casuals. Madden is falling behind, but if you want a football game, you have no other choice. Btw I actually like Madden, but feel it does pale in comparison to other games like 2k and the Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028
What they did this year also with there new rating system. That is based of greatest players of all time and how they compare to them. Is awesome! You need to go back and look at nfl 2k5/2k6 weekly wrap ups lol 2k has always been ahead of the curve. Honestly EA is lucky they bought the rights because you would see 2k clean sweep them across the boards in games. Will never forget when 2k released a better game and brand new for 19.99 lol That was when EA was like we cant do this anymore
I agree 100% but let's not make it a 2k football vs madden deal. That will get closed. I want this thread to be about pushing madden to greatness.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #7
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Honestly tho I'm not bashing any game. I'm not blind I see the improvemts madden has made. I saw something in a madden 16 vid that made me say wow last night.

But I truly think this is a serious problem. I hope the mods let this stay open. Because if we just sit by and let things keep going nothing will ever change. I want stuff like that in a football game damnit. I'm 22. Im gettin old. And I don't play many games at all. But I'd love to just be blown away by madden.

Like I said football is the biggest sport in the nation man Its just kind of depressing lol cause I'm not a basketball fan at all but I still buy those games.
Oh nah. Hope my comment didn't seem like I was bashing haha
I just like what other games are doing, and want it in Madden. Because I play and understand football better.

I watch other games YouTube videos because I like the immersion of my player. It's like watching a movie.

Who knows.. MAYBE just MAYBE they are already working on adding that immersion in owner/player modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803

Old 09-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
Thank you Eli

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

You have one game where they pride themselves on pushing the envelope, then you have another where its like "we wanna do this but it might break that so lets not."
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »