Home

Confidence - Are we overthinking it.

This is a discussion on Confidence - Are we overthinking it. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 05:13 PM   #17
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Confidence - Are we overthinking it.

I am not having any of these issues apparently. My in game overalls are similar to my out of game overalls. After 4 seasons with 4 playoff appearances, 2 superbowl appearances, 1 superbowl win, including 2 undefeated seasons, my Titan team is still hovering around 79-80 overall.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:54 PM   #18
MVP

I play offline and supposedly confidence and drive goals are being patched. I'm not playing the game until that happens.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I have to disagree. Playing with the Bronwns, trying to do a rebuild, it becomes to easy to win because I can look at the ratings presnap and I have 6 99's on my offense after ratings are inflated, and my lowest overall will be around 85 in my backup RB. Flip over to the defensive side and my entire line becomes 93+, my lbs are all 88+, and my secondary is 95+.

I started a drive off giving up a 50 yard TD pass and my defense all gets 1+ added to their overall because of the drive goal which impacts confidence which inflates ratings. So confidence isn't the only part of the problem, but it is a big part.

It defeats the purpose of doing a rebuild or building a roster full of talent when I can make a bunch of scrubs reach elite status because I rushed for 20 yards before I punted. It becomes pretty hard to lose when out of the game the confidence boosts has my Browns team as an 89 overall and in game that probably jumps up to a 93 or better after a few drives.

This mirrors my experience with drive goals as well. Since I went the workaround route problem has bee solved for me and I'm having a great time with my cfm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Before I start, I only play Online Solo CFM, so this may have been tweaked, but I am starting to believe that the confidence "bug" might not be as bad as people think.

I am also actually thinking its almost like computer game version of hypochondria, we look for things to be wrong ,because previous maddens have been wrong.>

In my CFM, I have 4 players on 99 confidence but only 2 of my players had +3 Overall increase and this is due to specific increase to certain stats (normally key to their position).

Physical attributes don’t change.>

Also, the CPU teams that reach the playoffs or close to playoffs have at least 15+ players inhigh 90's of confidence and it doesn't make them play crazy against you and this balances it out.

I went 13-3 with the Broncos, met the 9-7 Titans and lost 20-9 in thedivisional round. Was a tough game and my mistakes with Manning cost me the win.>

The other thing is, XP and increasing players attributes is a lot harderthis year so the confidence increase balances that a bit.>

Just my two cents.

I've tried saying this a few weeks ago when it was first brought up..that to take things like this as a grain of salt because most of the time things that are not as bad as others say it is ..just have a weird way of snowballing into something bigger than it really is in here. Being here as a member since 2002 (13 years now) ...I have seen this phenomena happen so much because of one person saying something..then that leads to many others putting that under the microscope and bam..there ya go..you have a false positive that rolls into something much bigger than it deserves. Of course im not saying everything people say here is wrong..our main purpose here, imho, is to help make the game better because developers read things here but what i am saying is...look at this game *or any game* for its positives..putting it under the microscope is a lost cause because no game will ever be perfect and to expect a video game to react and have A.I. Logic even remotely similar to the real thing is never gonna happen..at least not for the next few eons.

I guess i just seen so many people including myself in the past ruin the fun in playing video games because we some times tend to expect it to play perfect to our expectations but i found in life that nothing is perfect and nothing ever will be so instead of losing sleep over video games of all things..why don't we just enjoy them and give credit due when its due and give constructive criticism on things that can be improved upon...and continue to play this game and have fun with it.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #21
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto

In my CFM, I have 4 players on 99 confidence but only 2 of my players had +3 Overall increase and this is due to specific increase to certain stats (normally key to their position).

thats never been an issue, the issue is during games when completing drive goals your players ratings get absolutely jacked. and not just +3 overall. way higher..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I am having zero issues with confidence.

I am also having no issues in my solo Owner Mode Fantasy Rams CFM (offline).

The reason I am doing 32 team control for my Dolphins CFM is because I want more immersion with depth charts, resigns to create more robust free agency and storylines and injury management and trades. It had nothing to do with confidence. But it does shut off the drive goals which does help balance the game more.

After the patch they fixed the hyper in game progression. But confidence can get higher due to drive goals. But for the most part in my solo Rams fantasy chise, I simply do not pay attention to the drive goals. If I hit them while trying to win...then so be it. But my goal is to score. That's always my goal.

I love the game. It will be played for multiple seasons until Madden 17. 3rd straight year I have loved Madden. The new team has really made this game better each version (starting with M25).

Hat's off.

Now they just really need to focus on Connected Franchise, and enhancing presentation even more (ESPN/NFL network license usage).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-23-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:13 PM   #23
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
thats never been an issue, the issue is during games when completing drive goals your players ratings get absolutely jacked. and not just +3 overall. way higher..

[/size][/size][/size][/size]
use the workarounds posted to eliminate drive goals. There's 32 team control, or you can create a coach for the team you are playing against that week and play the game. Since it is a user team vs user team the drive goals will not be turned on (you don't have to have a 2nd controller on to eliminate them).

If you are doing an online CFM...well then you're screwed. Start over with an offline CFM
Old 09-24-2015, 08:16 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You can't really a start over with an offline CFM if you're playing with friends. To me, online CFM is broken. I know that term is used all of the time here, but in my opinion, for what I want out of the game, online CFM does not work in a balanced playable fashion. Offline does, but I'd like to use the game in the intended way that I wanted which is the reason I purchased it in the first place.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 09-24-2015 at 10:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »