Home

Xbox one version is not 60 fps(stuttering mess)

This is a discussion on Xbox one version is not 60 fps(stuttering mess) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Xbox one version is not 60 fps(stuttering mess)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiordano
I have the downloaded copy and I think it controls the better on the one
I played both, they're the same but if you like one over the other its probably because you like one controller better than the other.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #18
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I played both, they're the same but if you like one over the other its probably because you like one controller better than the other.
This. The game performs and looks the same with the exception that xbox one has a bit more contrast and therefore looks a bit brighter but same otherwise

Biggest difference is that the controller to me is better on the xbox one
Old 09-30-2015, 09:11 AM   #19
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

can someone confirm if framerate is better on xbox one with patch 2
Old 09-30-2015, 06:44 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I experience the stuttering anytime I'm near the sidelines, and during the instant replay screen wipe. Also have had a huge issue with it during head to head Play Now.

I originally thought the hard resets would work, but they don't. I've also cleared the cache by unplugging everything as per the online instructions. But still, get near the sidelines and it might as well be bullet time.
Soooo glad I bought the ps4 version.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #21
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Any updates on this? I have the Xbox One and it has been mostly a good experience with Framerate but in week 5 of my offline CFM the framerate glitch reared its ugly head again. I initially noticed it when running crossing patterns to the right side of the field. I would do a play action and roll to the right as my WR would run across the field mirroring me, so we are running parallel to each other. As he breaks into the open area, I lob a pass, leading him. The game begins to slow down, everything chugs a little and the remainder of the play feels laggy.

After this, I start noticing latency issues with button presses on the playcalling screen, sometimes buttons presses are a little late and on a few occasions it seems as though it doesn't even register that I pressed anything at all. I finished the game (although the remaining 2 quarters were frustrating). After a reboot, things seem normal again. However, this nags at me.

I also have a PS4 and rented Madden (again) to test it and I saw nothing like this. In fact, I feel the PS4 version runs slightly smoother all of the time. I am not saying that it is far better, but when running deep patterns to the right side of the field, when I launch a pass that is up for grabs it seems so incredibly smooth on the PS4 where the Xbox One seems to just lag a little. It's only a tiny difference but somehow I come away from the PS4 experience with a sensation that it feels a little better overall. Add to that I have never seen any frame rate issues at all (sans the EA logo stutters once and a while going to and from replays) with the PS4. I also like the PS4 bumper and trigger buttons better but prefer the vibration of the Xbox One.

What to do??? I recently traded in some items and bought the PS4 version but I have not opened it yet. Most of my other sports titles are on Xbox One and honestly I prefer the A,B,X,Y button layout to the PS4 symbols......and when switching between systems the X button can get confusing since it is on both systems.

I am on the fence. I honestly find it hard to believe that nobody else feels that the ps4 is overall a little smoother....even without the frame rate glitch that appears from time to time and when it does is a "major" issue. If you experience this you will know that something is wrong. It is not subtle.

Thanks. Sorry for the long post. Just trying to figure out if I go PS4 or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 1

I had extremely bad framerates to the point where you'd have thought the game was in slo-mo instant replay. I hard rebooted, and it remained. I cleared my cache, and it remained.

Then, I moved it from my external HDD to the internal drive, and it's been buttery smooth ever since. Not a single drop in framerate to be found. I know this doesn't fix the problem for everyone, but it sure did for me.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 10-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #23
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I had extremely bad framerates to the point where you'd have thought the game was in slo-mo instant replay. I hard rebooted, and it remained. I cleared my cache, and it remained.

Then, I moved it from my external HDD to the internal drive, and it's been buttery smooth ever since. Not a single drop in framerate to be found. I know this doesn't fix the problem for everyone, but it sure did for me.
It's on my internal already so that's not the issue here. Thanks though.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 2

I have got this a few times too. I always clear the cache, so I am unsure. I moved it from internal to external but saw the same thing.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »