Home

Xbox one version is not 60 fps(stuttering mess)

This is a discussion on Xbox one version is not 60 fps(stuttering mess) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2015, 07:35 AM   #33
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Xbox one version is not 60 fps(stuttering mess)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So in your opinion you fell the ps4 version feels smooth enough that you would rather play it and deal with the DS4 controller than play with the better Xbox One controller and have a slightly less smooth game? trying to wrap my head around this as I feel the same way. I like a lot of things about the Xbox One version but still, the feel of the gameplay on the PS4 has me hooked like crack!!!

I guess it's kind of like a musical instrument. 2 strats could be technically identical but sometimes one of them just "feels" a little better and that is the one a musician chooses....despite the differences being very tiny....it tends to win out.

Is that you opinion
The stutter is not game breaking but I have both versions of the game and I deal with the crap dual shock because it is smooth on ps4. I am not a 60fps or die gamer. But in Madden and 2K it must be smooth all the time for me to stick with it. Those are my two main games.

I feel like the ps4 version of both of those games have a slight advantage in graphics which is no biggie when you dont play both versions as the xbox one version is incredible in the graphics department as well.

Most of my games are on ps4 because until recently the xbox one was not pumping out close to the same performance as ps4 which is changed a lot.

Now I dont care about 900p vs 1080p because the controller to me offsets the difference in resolution.

Nothing better to me then the XB1 controller and that gap will grow much bigger next week when I get my ELITE.

I might have to just deal with stutters on xb1 once I hook up the ELITE...lol
Old 10-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
The stutter is not game breaking but I have both versions of the game and I deal with the crap dual shock because it is smooth on ps4. I am not a 60fps or die gamer. But in Madden and 2K it must be smooth all the time for me to stick with it. Those are my two main games.

I feel like the ps4 version of both of those games have a slight advantage in graphics which is no biggie when you dont play both versions as the xbox one version is incredible in the graphics department as well.

Most of my games are on ps4 because until recently the xbox one was not pumping out close to the same performance as ps4 which is changed a lot.

Now I dont care about 900p vs 1080p because the controller to me offsets the difference in resolution.

Nothing better to me then the XB1 controller and that gap will grow much bigger next week when I get my ELITE.

I might have to just deal with stutters on xb1 once I hook up the ELITE...lol
I have to agree with this. I've only had the framerate glitch on xbo only once, and clearing the chace resolved it and it has not happened again. But even without that, the ps4 does run slightly better. but for whatever reason, when I play the xbo version, I see more animations than I do the ps4 version. I know it's the same game, but that little bit of framerate decrease on the xbo just makes the game feel better controls wise for me. sometimes the ps4 version feels a bit too fast but it' still good.

I as well prefer the xb controller especially for football games. but if you don't own both consoles and don't sit down and compare the games side to side, you wont really notice the small differences.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #35
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

Is this just an isolated cases. Why is this not written or talked about on reviews and gaming sites. I played the Xbox 360 version the other day and it plays real smooth. This generation madden on the one feels a little off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 09:55 PM   #36
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

It seems as if reviewers just try it on one of the next gen systems and assume it is equal on both. In all fairness it is darn close but the PS4 does seem a little better to me....but admittedly I didn't notice until I had quite a few hours into the Xbox One version and I tried the PS4 version and something just felt better about it.

I searched high and low and nobody seems to be talking about it other than on this forum. I still am thinking about just keeping the Xbox version since I am locked into it with the digital copy anyway. Keeping the PS4 copy seems like a waste even if it is a little better. Also...I really wanted to stick with most of my sports titles on one system so I don't get the buttons mixed up like I do going back and forth from PS4 to XBone when playing Madden. That darn X button keeps on moving!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #37
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

I have not had any stutters in last 2 days. I am strictly going to just play on xbox one as there is no substitute for superior controller
Old 10-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I have not had any stutters in last 2 days. I am strictly going to just play on xbox one as there is no substitute for superior controller

There are a several solutions but you seem like you're really die hard xbox from your posts. Not sure why anyone is surprised by this as the PS4's titles have consistently had better framerates and resolution than their xbox one counterparts.

Last edited by the veteran; 10-27-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #39
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Did you get the elite controller yet?
Old 10-27-2015, 06:45 PM   #40
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
There are a several solutions but you seem like you're really die hard xbox from your posts. Not sure why anyone is surprised by this as the PS4's titles have consistently had better framerates and resolution than their xbox one counterparts.
Wrong...I am a die hard controller fan...To me there is nothing more important in gaming then the controller. And yes most ps4 games have a slight edge but this is not ps4 vs xbox one...The ps4 is smoother most of the times over xbox one but we are talking about why the xb1 version has those issues at times and at times not. If it was a constant no fix thing then it would be ps4 vs xb1....The controller suggestion options are not an option as many are buggy and constantly disconnect.

The ps4 can be 10x better looking but to me I cant play sports games or shooters on dual shock...Just feels terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »